• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried TRT (testosteron replacement therapy)?

ChookityPop

I have autonomic nervous system issues, blood pooling in the calfs, compression tights helps. Would love to try it because of the increased blood volume, hemoglobin a1c, redd blood cell count, energy and maybe it will make me more robust. Ive talked to someone that said it made their recovery times faster.

EtherSpin

checking it out currently.
suspect first injection was stuffed up because when I went for the second the Doc asked how I went with pain/discomfort after the first and I said.. there wasn't any, he said 'you must be tough' and I said that no, the nurse must just be good and he didn't seem convinced.
so then I got the second injection and its completely different. the feeling of fluid pressure that you get from some injections as they go in just stayed and is still there 24 hours later.

so I'm suspecting the first injection went just into fat deposits and not muscle (both in the rear!) and that as a result I would just have gotten a quick dose but that over the rest of the 2 months interval it would have worn off

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
checking it out currently.
suspect first injection was stuffed up because when I went for the second the Doc asked how I went with pain/discomfort after the first and I said.. there wasn't any, he said 'you must be tough' and I said that no, the nurse must just be good and he didn't seem convinced.
so then I got the second injection and its completely different. the feeling of fluid pressure that you get from some injections as they go in just stayed and is still there 24 hours later.

so I'm suspecting the first injection went just into fat deposits and not muscle (both in the rear!) and that as a result I would just have gotten a quick dose but that over the rest of the 2 months interval it would have worn off

Im guessing but i think the dr probably used a bigfer gauge needle than the nurse. A bigger needle lets the oil be injected quicker but causes more scarring. Its a common practice amongst the TRT forums to use subcutaneous injections with a smaller needle and use a lower dose more often to keep blood levels stable.

They say if you're getting injections more than 1 week apart your levels will fluctuate alot. So a common dose of testosterone enanthate or cypionate is 100mg once per week. Some split it further and do 50mg monday and another 50mg thursday. The volume injected is quite small and doing these subcutaneous you avoud scar tissue building up.

I guess its dose dependent , but testosterone can help mineral/nitrogen retention which may help increase blood volume as well as its effects on increasing red blood cells which may help hypotensive episodes. But one may need more than a replacement dose for these effects eg 250mg per week. Just need to monitor red blood cell count/hematocrit so it doesnt go too high.

I give myself testosterone injections without doctor supervision. I get common labs to make sure things like my hemocrit don't go crazy. I venture above trt doses sometimes in the low bodybuilding range (150 mg to 200mg) week. I force myself to workout and collapse after. It makes me stronger and I am pretty muscular. If I take enough test I can push through pain and fatigue more. That isn't necessarily good because it can make you crash harder. I don't really have any responsibilities so when I am able I do weight training. Like I said with higher doses I can push through fatigue more.

Also I use to have lots of balance problems and felt like fainting walking. Through weight training with test I don't have that anymore. I think it forces blood into my brain and makes my circulatory system stronger.

ChookityPop

I give myself testosterone injections without doctor supervision. I get common labs to make sure things like my hemocrit don't go crazy. I venture above trt doses sometimes in the low bodybuilding range (150 mg to 200mg) week. I force myself to workout and collapse after. It makes me stronger and I am pretty muscular. If I take enough test I can push through pain and fatigue more. That isn't necessarily good because it can make you crash harder. I don't really have any responsibilities so when I am able I do weight training. Like I said with higher doses I can push through fatigue more.

Also I use to have lots of balance problems and felt like fainting walking. Through weight training with test I don't have that anymore. I think it forces blood into my brain and makes my circulatory system stronger.[/QUOTE

Also I use to have lots of balance problems and felt like fainting walking. Through weight training with test I don't have that anymore. I think it forces blood into my brain and makes my circulatory system stronger.

So you have gotten stranger? I have gotten stronger as well But from sex I think as I dont work out at all. TRT helps me recover faster as well. Its been my best supplement to date by far.
How impacted are you by this illness bedbound etc? Im curious since you are «able» to work out. I wonder if I could do the same without suffer greatly.

Last edited:

ChookityPop

So you have gotten stronger? I have gotten stronger as well But from sex I think as I dont work out at all. TRT helps me recover faster as well. Its been my best supplement to date by far.
How impacted are you by this illness bedbound etc? Im curious since you are «able» to work out. I wonder if I could do the same without suffer greatly.

Last edited:
So you have gotten stranger? I have gotten stronger as well But from sex I think as I dont work out at all. TRT helps me recover faster as well. Its been my best supplement to date by far.

I am more housebound then bedbound. For periods of time I am able to workout once to twice a week. It gives me bad PEM and that's really all I am capable of doing. I choose to use my little amount of energy on that.

It's really a fine line because I have caused myself to crash for long periods of time from it too. Yes I have gotten stronger and bigger. It works against me though because I look totally healthy and the doctors think I am crazy when I tell them I am sick.

I am glad the testosterone has helped you :)

Ah better now!😉

Have you tried DHEA?

I tried it before I got sick. It's probably a good idea to give it a try again. Oh yeah all better now lol.

I have messed around with aromatize inhibitors too. A high estrogen level can really make you feel awful if you are taking test.