• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried suramin?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I would just be very careful with that. Dr. Ron Davis did say in one of his talks when he was talking about suramin, that someone got ahold of some like you are thinking and ended up dying by self-treating with it.

I know we are desperate to feel better sometimes. I am stuck with self-treating too, but I would still be careful with this one since I heard him say that.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I read that they stopped making the drug. Does anyone know where to buy it (if its even possible)? If not would it be possible to get it custom made in china or something?
As I remember, the sources other than Bayer, have had problems with contamination and proved dangerous to some that tried them. I believe that another reputable pharmaceutical company agreed to start making it but I don’t know what is happening there now.

As I remember, the sources other than Bayer, have had problems with contamination and proved dangerous to some that tried them. I believe that another reputable pharmaceutical company agreed to start making it but I don’t know what is happening there now.

The latest info I can provide is from Naviaux himself. I emailed him and he responded at the 2nd of November:

"(...) I have handed off the development of suramin to a new Pharma company called Kuzani that is dedicated to making the drug and paying for all the next clinical trials. I am only an advisor now and do not have any financial or scientific control over the company. We just made the original discoveries that made the companies like Kuzani and Paxmedica possible. Paxmedica is doing autism trials in South Africa now and Kuzani hopes to launch the SAT2 trials in fall 2021, after the risks of COVID19 are lower.
I wish I had a better answer for you, but the use of suramin in ME/CFS and 25 other diseases that I think it could help, will be postponed until after the pandemic. (...)"