• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Magnesium Potassium Aspartate?

L'engle

moogle
Magnesium in general helps a lot of people, but epsom salts are a much cheaper source (magnesium sulfate).

Not sure how aspartate in particular would be any better. AOR's a good brand but probably not needed for run-of-the-mill electrolytes.

Potassium's more iffy, best to get it from food unless you are specifically in need of it from b12 supplementation, sodium imbalance etc.

Personally I'd keep the $21 for something else. 120 x (30mg magnesium, 50mg potassium) isn't very much for the price.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Magnesium in general helps a lot of people, but epsom salts are a much cheaper source (magnesium sulfate).

Not sure how aspartate in particular would be any better. AOR's a good brand but probably not needed for run-of-the-mill electrolytes.

Potassium's more iffy, best to get it from food unless you are specifically in need of it from b12 supplementation, sodium imbalance etc.

Personally I'd keep the $21 for something else. 120 x (30mg magnesium, 50mg potassium) isn't very much for the price.
I've tried magnesium, no effect, i've tried 1000mg/day of potassium no effect either.

I am curious if this is supposed to work differently than just those elements.

Back