• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Live Blood Analysis?

xlynx

Hi,

The clinic down the road from me is offering Live blood analysis and are claiming its good for cfs.

Has anyone had this done and did they gain anything from this?

Thanks,
Jerry

Esther12

My parents took me to someone who did this. He seemed alright. He used it to identify some gut bacteria which were in my blood, and after taking some medication, they did seem to disappear. No difference to my fatigue though. Apparently it's difficult to do well and it's easy to get misdiagnosed with L B A.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've had one. It was interesting and did point to a few things--like need for digestive enzymes. It can also show the size of red blood cells and how they are spaced and this is significant for CFS. I'd say it's worth it if you have a doc who can interpret it and follow up on it. It supposed to reveal a lot of things I just can't remember them now!:tongue:

Sushi

Sing

I'm planning on having this done in a few weeks so will let you know how it turns out. I had it done once years ago right in the beginning of my energy crash. The practitioner had a devil of a time finding a white blood cell (my WBC count is either subnormal or very low normal on regualr CBC tests) and noted other things which were suggestive of my condition, but I forget the details of that earlier test now. The person who will be doing my test in February is supposedly very experienced and good. But I am wondering if I ought to be bothering with this (price, recommendations for pricey supplements, etc.) Maybe I would be better off just waiting until there is an accepted test for XMRV and go that route.

I've been chronically burned out over the years with all the testing and treatments, most of which doesn't even help and none of which is curative. My inspiration is very low.

Sing

xlynx

thank you for the replies, so hard to know which tests to do, when they are also expensive and difficult to judge what will be the best.

Sorry to hear that your inspiration is so low is sing, if you do decide to take the test I would love to hear about how it goes for you.

thanks, Jerry

willow

I had one in London that showed my lymphocytes were old with poor motility, my red blood cells were poorly oxygenated and I had Olympic champion levels of inflamation.

It also showed very, very low levels of parasite likely Blastocystis hominis, no yeast and no other parasites, and no signs of food particles. the last was interpreted that I was unlikely to have a leaky gut, the low parasites and yeast might imply these were not a problem, my view is that whilst they low in blood it doesn't mean they are low elsewhere, e.g. brain, cerebral spinal fluid,organs, tissues etc.

Probably more but I don't recall what.

So for me interesting but didn't translate into treatment/treatment alteration that was do-able for me.

Willow

S

SDD1244

I had this done years ago, when I was trying to get a diagnosis. There were abnormalities, but I can't remember what they were.