• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried every other day b12 shots for nerve regeneration?

ChookityPop

Ultrasound-guided Perineural Vitamin B12 Injection for Peripheral Neuropathy
Study
In conclusion, ultrasound-guided perineural vitamin B12 has the advantage of precise delivery of high-dose vitamin B12 directly around the defective nerve.

Vitamin B12 had an antiapoptotic effect and possibly promoted nerve regeneration by inhibiting the apoptosis of damaged neurons and creating conditions for the recovery of nerve function. High-dose vitamin B12 promoted functional recovery of nerves (sciatic nerve) after peripheral nerve injury.

d-guided perineural B12 injection is an innovative therapy for peripheral neuropathy. Vitamin B12 promotes myelination and transport of the axonal cytoskeleton, helps maintain the nervous system, facilitates axonal maturation, and regenerates peripheral nerves

Although treatment regimens of B12 injections vary, some doctors recommend injections of 1,000 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin B12 daily for five days followed by the same amount given once a week for five weeks, and then a lifelong dose of one injection per month, containing 100 to 1,000 mcg of vitamin B12

What dose and regimen have you done? And did it help? My sciatic nerve is very inflamed atm. I have done b12 shots sporadically in the past but that was also before my small fiber neuropathy started acting crazy.

GlassCannonLife

I do daily 1 mg hydroxocobalamin shots mixed with a few other things, but I just do them in my quads, I don't try to get close to problematic nerves (in my calves).

I don't really notice much from these aside from perhaps a minimal boost in mental clarity (easily overshadowed by a crash, PEM, or anything else negative).

godlovesatrier

Shots or transdermal oil should work.

Convinced it helped heal any damage I had in mine. But bare in mind that it's a long process and I pretty much took b12 methyl for about 6 to 8 months in total. 3 of which were transdermal.

Also I tried injecting hydroxy to no effect. So you definitely have to ring the active forms and take those

Learner1

Shots or transdermal oil should work.
It depends on what ones needs are, what ones genetics are, and whether one needs methyl groups. And, there are several other nutrients that may be needed as well, including zinc, magnesium, B2 and B6.

I don't like oil - it's messy, hard to dose and gets on my clothes. Oral, sublingual, and injectable have all worked fine.
Also I tried injecting hydroxy to no effect. So you definitely have to ring the active forms and take those
Sounds like you need methyl groups found in methylcobalamin. Adenosylcobalamin is the kind of B12 the body uses, and it's found in several high quality products, though our body can convert from methylcobalamin