• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone need a supplement?

Lisa

So hey! How's this work anyways? :Retro smile:

I've got Thorne Research - Mediclear kicking around here. One fully unopened bottle and one opened but hardly touched bottle.

Problem is, I really can't afford to ship it as it is a heavier item. If anyone wants to figure out shipping, I'd be happy to get it in the mail to them. :Retro smile:

It was suggested I try it to help with detoxing but was more than either Jeremy or I could handle. We've waited almost a year, hoping to be able to use it but as we haven't gotten any stronger than last time we tried it, seems a good time to give it away.

Send me a pm if you're interested! Will keep around for a couple weeks but then give to a family friend who can likely find it a local home.

Caio! Lisa :Retro smile:

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Sorry to have to rain on the trading parade but you probably don't want to be openly trading prescription drugs through the forums.

From http://alcoholism.about.com/od/teenfaq/a/illegal_pills.htm:

I'm not sure what sort of liability the forums, especially Cort, would have should someone have a reaction to the medication, a drug interaction to something they already take, or just plain get caught. I suspect that whatever the liability is, you may want to consult with Cort before trying to trade prescription drugs through here.

Happy supplement trading! Lisa :Retro smile:

Yes - I would think that prescription trading on an open public forum would not be a good idea. On the other hand, if you can take this to a private email conversation then it would probably not be a problem.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
This is not a supplement, but something I have that I know is expensive. I have lyrica. If anyone needs lyrica, PM me. It made me quite unwell. It's for fibromyalgia.

Not sure how your sleep is, but if it's like mine it stinks. I was talking with my Neurologist about my neuropathy and that I had tried Lyrica and it was of very little use. She mentioned that it might help my sleep problem though. She stated that there has been some favorable studies on Lyrica and it's ability to help get a person into deeper sleep. She had me start it by taking it only at bedtime and initially on 50mg and then 100 mg. but no higher and only at bedtime. I'll admit that it appeared to help with my sleep (didn't wake up as often), but not sure if it was helping with deep sleep though. Also, taking it at a low dose there was not any side effects whatsoever.

Great idea!

I'm interested in trying Grape Seed Extract, Sweet Sleep, and Immune Plus Glandular. Pycnogenol my friend could use but give it to someone here if anyone wants it.

*GG*

Not sure how your sleep is, but if it's like mine it stinks. I was talking with my Neurologist about my neuropathy and that I had tried Lyrica and it was of very little use. She mentioned that it might help my sleep problem though. She stated that there has been some favorable studies on Lyrica and it's ability to help get a person into deeper sleep. She had me start it by taking it only at bedtime and initially on 50mg and then 100 mg. but no higher and only at bedtime. I'll admit that it appeared to help with my sleep (didn't wake up as often), but not sure if it was helping with deep sleep though. Also, taking it at a low dose there was not any side effects whatsoever.

Even if Lyrica helps with your sleep, I would try something else. Perhaps Trazadone, Doxepin or Mitrazapine (Remeron)?

Lyrica did nothing for me and I think the copay was rather hefty.