• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone need a supplement?

Misfit Toy

I was thinking of starting a supplement list. I have a gazillion supplements I don't take or can't. Maybe someone else can benefit from them. Be in touch if so. If anyone wants to chime in and offer some different supplements that they have and don't want anymore...that would be a good idea.

Here are some I have

Olive Leaf Extract-allergic to it.
Grape Seed Extract-makes IC go nuts
L-Theanine-causes nightmares
Glycine-didn't do anything
pycnogenol-unopened
Liver Extract-gives liver support
Sweet Sleep-helps one sleep. By Get Well International

I am sure I have more. These are all from my doctor. Brand names, etc. I can help someone out who needs help!!:Sign Peace:

Misfit Toy

Also,

St. John's Wort
ACE-Adrenal Corticol Extract
Potassium Caps
Immune Plus Glandular-for adrenals, pituitary and hypothalamus

Misfit Toy

Zoe,

is this stuff you want to get rid of? I want to give someone these supplements if anyone needs them. I have no use for them and I am going to throw them out unless someone speaks up. I know many don't have a lot of money and it's a shame to waste supplements.

Dainty

Is the olive leaf extract organic? What about the St. John's Wort? How long have you had these supplements, opened?

I'm also interested in the potassium capsules. What are the ingredients for that?

Doing a little research on some of the others. Will PM you if interest becomes more serious.

Misfit Toy

the potassium is p aspartate and citrate. Expired in June but my doctor said add on 2 more years. By Twinlab. St. John's wort is by Pathway and expired in 2009 and I am sure it's still good. They are opened but barely used. I know some people may be leary of using others supplements and I understand. I haven't touched them other than when taking. The St. John's I was totally amped so did not take long.

I am not sure if they create an organic St. John's Wort but my doctor is the one who sold them to me and he always has the best products, the most quality controlled products and not cheap products.

Misfit Toy

I also have taurine and Magnesium Glycinate. I have to use magnesium spray as the pill upsets my tummy so if anyone needs these....also SOLGAR. That is the brand.

zoe.a.m.

Oh my, I see I read this as just a list of supplements! I will blame that on sleep deprivation for the time being. Perhaps I'll delete my post as I hadn't even gotten around to finding the list of supplements that are unopened or that I only used once or twice!

Misfit Toy

I don't have perque. I have pycnogenal. That was zoe and I am not sure if she is trying to get rid of hers or not.

ukxmrv

This is a great idea. Thank you!

If you do list a supplement please make sure that you have your location listed by the side or if not, please specifiy where you will post to (if revelant).

For example I'm in the UK but happy to post anywhere if people will pay the postage (and I've got paypal). Others may only be willing to post in their own country.

Off, to find my own pile of unwanted stuff now.

sela

hi spitfire, sorry to keep emending my list, but here is another one that i could use. olive leaf , if you still have it and it's not a hassle. sorry , total brainfog at a scary level.

Misfit Toy

Sela,

I will send you the Taurine, Olive Leaf and Liver Extract. I got your PM and it's not a problem! : )

Everyone, I am sure you have supplements that you can't take or do not work for you. Please pass it on or pay it forward. Many need help and don't have the financial means.

Misfit Toy

The first supplement send out went out today to Sela. Olive Leaf, unopened Taurine and Liver Extract. IF anyone else has supplements they would like to share, please do so.

Sunday

Great idea, Spitfire, I hope you have started a supplements-trading trend! Heaven knows we never know if a supplement is going to be The Answer or if it's going to knock us to the floor - until we try.

Misfit Toy

This is not a supplement, but something I have that I know is expensive. I have lyrica. If anyone needs lyrica, PM me. It made me quite unwell. It's for fibromyalgia.

Lisa

Sorry to have to rain on the trading parade but you probably don't want to be openly trading prescription drugs through the forums.

From http://alcoholism.about.com/od/teenfaq/a/illegal_pills.htm:

Prescription drugs are considered "controlled substances." The federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act makes it clear that the only legal way to access prescription drugs is to have a doctor's prescription. An excerpt:

...No controlled substance in schedule II, which is a prescription drug as determined under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.), may be dispensed without the written prescription of a practitioner.

I'm not sure what sort of liability the forums, especially Cort, would have should someone have a reaction to the medication, a drug interaction to something they already take, or just plain get caught. I suspect that whatever the liability is, you may want to consult with Cort before trying to trade prescription drugs through here.

Happy supplement trading! Lisa :Retro smile: