• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone had any luck with doxycycline?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
People with ME/CFS had the lowest median quality of life (QOL) scores of any disease tested [Note: this included several cancers]. The next highest QOL score was 12% higher (bleeding ulcer). Next came people with chronic kidney failure with 15% higher scores.

People with the big, scary diseases ( the ones people think – “Please, Lord not me!”) all had consistently higher quality of life scores than people with ME/CFS.

Schizophrenia is one of the last diseases I would wish on anyone, but people with schizophrenia scored 21% higher in their QOL scores than people with ME/CFS. The same was true for people with stroke, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.

People with Type I Diabetes, cancer or heart problems had it relatively easy. Their QOL scores were 33% higher than those for people with ME/CFS.
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...gue-syndrome-worse-mulitple-sclerosis-cancer/

Remember this the next time someone tells you to walk it off.