• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone feel better after a large meal?

Booble

I feel quite awful when I'm hungry. Weak and flakey with this weird empty/drained feeling that goes beyond normal hunger, it's hard to describe. It begins to set in about 4 hours after a meal. It's not low blood sugar, I'm diabetic and know what my levels are. When I eat a meal I feel so much better.

Oh, boy, I can relate to this one. That weird weak/drained feeling when you are hungry -- it doesn't even feel like hunger but it come on around the time of meals or especially when you are late for meals. I've never been able to describe it either. The worst is when you have lunch plans with with a friend or family or work appointment and before hand or even while saying your hellos you get ridiculously drained and feel like you are going to faint. I used a work-around of secretly eating a little something before hand. Husband thought I was crazy eating before going out to eat but you gotta do what you gotta do.