• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else seem "immune" from colds and viruses?

leela

Mark. come to think of it I recall reading a Cheney document that breaks the illness up into three stages or phases. Too tired to look it up now, though.

@Mya- so true, the chronicity of the illness really skews perceptions about our baseline level of functioning.

leela and mark-I also went through the hypersomnic dead-sleep phase. That's when I first realized there wasn't enough sleep in the world to feed this disease

Min

I've just started another stinking cold that will take me weeks to get rid of - I catch one virus after another.

Mark

Talk about tempting fate! I just came down with the most stinking cold I've had in years! 3 days now, I think that's the longest in over a decade!

No mystery about how it occurred. I've been driving myself incredibly hard lately due to pressure of a work deadline - a situation I go to great lengths to avoid normally but which became unavoidable, and has been very stressful what with everything else that's going on right now. Progression began with a sore throat and swollen lymph glands, then extra muscle and joint pain and my nose has been streaming for 3 days. Great stuff: if I'm going to start catching proper colds again now, I'll really be challenged to find another positive in all this. The "always catching colds" version sounds like something I really don't want to transition to...