• Evening

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Late night

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • I feel like shit all the time

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

kday

I really think the bad mornings/better evenings may be more about the liver than cortisol.

Don't feel like explaining in detail why right now, but I am wondering if anyone feels the same.

I really think the bad mornings/better evenings may be more about the liver than cortisol.

Don't feel like explaining in detail why right now, but I am wondering if anyone feels the same.
I always feel better in the morning, whether I sleep or not (could be because I am a Type A and can temporarily overcome my physical symptoms, knowing that HAVE TO go to work). I start to crash around 10:00am and continue crashing until I go to bed (usually 9:30 or 10:00pm). I am then awake by 1:00 and feeling like a bright-eyed-piece-of-crap (brain awake-body dead). I have read that if your liver is the problem you'll feel worse in the afternoon, and if your adrenals are the problem, you'll feel worse in the morning. I don't know if this is true. I know that I have problems with both.

The poll is now @ 50% feeling better at night, is this not a MAJOR clue in to the nature and workings of m.e???
Sorry to bump a 8 year old thread, but I am wondering this as well. This is clearly a very prevalent feature of this disease and yet I haven't seen one study explore it further...

Does the metabolic trap hypothesis have some kind of an explanation for this?

@HTester

And what about people with CCI? Do they experience improvement at night / evening?

@JenB

Last edited:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Sorry to bump a 8 year old thread, but I am wondering this as well. This is clearly a very prevalent feature of this disease and yet I haven't seen one study explore it further...

Does the metabolic trap hypothesis have some kind of an explanation for this?

@HTester

And what about people with CCI? Do they experience improvement at night / evening?

@JenB
Go back and read the second post by Rich Vank and subsequent posts:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/anyone-else-improve-at-certain-times.12269/#post-208318
Many of us have found our cortisol to be elevated at night. I've posted my salivary cortisol results from a few years ago. See that peak around 6 p.m.? Wide awake.

By the way, Rich Vank died, so don't try to engage him in a conversation.

Attachments

My fatigue seems highly correlated to my amount of sleep. I am only able to sleep 8-9 hours most nights, but if I somehow am able to sleep 11-12 hours, I temporarily feel noticeably better. Conversely, getting lesser than 7 hours of sleep makes me seriously feel like shit.

Sleep study came back normal though. I'm wondering if the study wasn't accurate enough or the doctor didn't do a good job interpreting it.