• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any time of a day better for anyone?

I have noticed over the years that my least fatigue and best cognitive times are between about 2am and 4 am on days I wake up that early. This is the time I get most writing and work done. Then back to sleep for whatever amount of time. Then the rest of the day is far worse especially during peak fatigue cycles. Anyone else notice anything simular during a 24 hour period?

Wishful

I'm not sure of a best time, but around 2-3PM my symptoms flare up for a while (including temperature rise), so that's the worst time of day. 2AM is pretty good, since I'm usually unconscious then. :sleep:

Thinktank

In the morning after waking (if i had enough sleep and no asthma during the night otherwise it's hell all day long), until breakfast which i try to delay as long as possible.

Kenshin

I remember seeing a few of these "time of day threads" over the years and they all seem to show that most of us improve in the evening.

I have my worst spell in the middle of the day (late afternoon for me). Then I improve as the night progresses.
Could this be due to some sort of hormone fluctuation?

Before breakfast - after I eat everything is downhill for me.

Nice looking fish there Desertstorm!
I have noticed the same thing in the morning for that past couple months. I get up, wife makes some breakfast and I have to lay down again. I have been wondering if the energy used in digestion tips the energy scale into the negative. Asked my doc about it and he was very confused.

Wolfcub

Mornings and the first 5 hours of the day were always harder for me. That's been a lot better the last two days or more now. I was always better hours after dinner in the evening. I got big slumps straight after eating.

I found the morning after-breakfast slump was definitely helped by resting for a little while rather than soldiering on with the day (whenever possible.) Could be that eating after fasting for a while (i.e. breakfast) does divert a lot of energy suddenly into digestion. We don't often think about it but to the body, digestion is a major operation! Using a lot of energy.
I noticed that after dinner too, but only if I'd gone 6 hours or more without proper food. If I'd had an afternoon snack it was less likely to happen.

Seven7

Seven
I have noticed the same thing in the morning for that past couple months. I get up, wife makes some breakfast and I have to lay down again. I have been wondering if the energy used in digestion tips the energy scale into the negative. Asked my doc about it and he was very confused.
They say if your HR goes over 25% of resting HR might be food intolerance ( google the porcentaje becuase I forgot by now) but was my case and now after working on Gut, doing better after eating.