• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any idea?

Fuzzyhead

I haven't been well for 17yrs and had all kinds of symptoms over the years but 6 months ago after having food poisoning i got a left back ache. I had a pulling feeling in the front at the same height and sometimes pains in my side around my rib (same height). Then it started hurting in the top of my left arm when i raised my arm and left shoulder blade. A couple of weeks ago my left eyelid started twitching and my left cheek. My dr keeps saying it's muscular/muscular skeletal and i saw an osteopath who said my ribs on the left are tight. Would that cause all those symptoms?

moblet

Unknown Quantity
Structural problems can cause all that and more, and you wouldn't be the first to have them triggered or aggravated by food poisoning. Your structural issues may or may not be more complex than just tightness in the ribs; either way osteopathy is your best bet. If that osteopath can't sort out all your symptoms look for a cranial osteopath, as they are more highly trained and better able to solve complex cases.