• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any detriment to water enemas?

outdamnspot

Coffee enemas have been my saving grace since becoming housebound. They pull me out of the worst anxiety states; however, I limit myself to one a day, just before my first meal. I believe part of the benefit is the parasympathetic activation.

I start to feel awful again before bed and would love to do a second but suspect it would keep me awake (I use a dark roast, which is slightly stimulating). Would there be any drawbacks to doing a boiled water enemas before bed to try and capture some of the same benefits? I think the one time I tried it felt like I absorbed most of the water but I was likely dehydrated

Hufsamor

If you have the money...
I've read some recommendations about enemas with probiotics.

First water, and if you are able to hold the second enema, it's best to do before bed, to hopefully hold it overnight.
But it's a while since I read about it, so if you think it's an option I might try to find the information again.

Carl

@outdamnspot
Have you not tried anything else to increase parasympathetic activity? Raising GABA or inhibiting GABA breakdown. That kind of thing is all over the internet. I was looking for the exact opposite recently and all that came up in searches was people who wanted to raise GABA for anxiety reasons.

Are your methylation supplements causing over-methylation? Treating your kidney energy (TCM) might be helpful because weak kidney energy leads to fear/anxiety states and raised cortisol levels. Toning the Liver Chi/Qi might also be helpful, especially if you are afraid of expressing anger. This will also improve the liver function. I use Tu Si Zi (dodder seed) which helps in both the ways that I mentioned. People have also told me that it helps their adrenal function, it lowers excessive cortisol levels.

If you have the money...

First water, and if you are able to hold the second enema, it's best to do before bed, to hopefully hold it overnight.
But it's a while since I read about it, so if you think it's an option I might try to find the information again.
That is a recipe for disaster I assure you. I very much doubt that anyone could hold water in their colon without leakage overnight. A more stimulating enema would make it more difficult. I would never try this. I have in the past done enemas but that was quite a long time back.

Hufsamor

Well, i couldn't hold it for long. That's for sure.
And for me, enemas didn't really do too much.

But if the coffee anemas are working fine, and if one can afford the biotic, I believe it might be better than clean water?

I believe I read about it in a book of David Perlmutter.
Brain maker.

Rlman

@outdamnspot

water enemas are done by many to clean the colon. Some say its better to do salt water enemas instead because that way electrolytes are not lost. Either way you can try and see if either of them help you. FYI there is a facebook group called Bottoms Up for people doing enemas.

outdamnspot

If you have the money...

I can't tolerate probiotics unfortunately :(

prioris

i use bidet to give myself a partial enema when i go to toilet ... took a little practice ... no mess and easy

i once poured nearly 2 quarts of enema with aloe vera into myself and it it never came out ... i wonder where it all went ... wtf