• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anxiety over coronavirus

Rufous McKinney

True, they probably died from another actual cause like kidney failure or heart attack etc.

They write a whole series of things on death certificates.....so they typically reflect the underlying problem and the acute reason somebody died....

They will also invent reasons- they did for my mother. At 89, they said she failed to thrive. Oh really?

I took a large black sharpie and erased: the words they used to describe my Momma's death. I know she wanted me to blacken them out. They were lies.

HABS93

At the moment, only roughly 1 person in a million has this coronavirus in the UK. So the chances of catching it at this point in time are very, very low.

But in a few months, if more and more people get it, then the risk will be higher. I expect at that point the government will temporarily ban mass gatherings anyway.
They started banning spectators in California for sport games . My Habs will be playing in San Jose to a empty arena. Im scared I live in downtown Toronto and start work in April. I'm off my Prednisone for a month now . Better to have a immune system not surpessed right ?

Rufous McKinney

Better to have a immune system not surpessed right ?

Probably.....better to be off it soon....for now...

Being a non-sporty type- perhaps I will now admit I don't know what HABS is. (are). (were)..At least they will still play (something)- and it can be watched on TV I presume..which can keep the Troops a bit happier.

I grew up at a time when being Sporty was- looked down upon. The Vietnam War...etc, rebelling etc.

Now, being sporty is all the rage. We called sporty people Jocks and would have nothing to do with any of that. It was fine to swim and hike, but we would not be caught dead at a football game. However, there was this day I was driving on a dirt road and a little distracted, High centered the Rambler. And a team of football players from the other high school, picked up my car and placed it back on the roadway. I decided to think Kinder Thoughts about football, after that.

So I married the only guy I ever found who didn't watch football, basketball, etc whatevers. The sound of football represents being STUCK in my family home growing up in some kind of boring, stunningly dull, suburbia or another and I"ve always hated it.

Meanwhile- It must really suck to be a big city like Toronto and be having to hide out....or whatever we call this. And you want to go out, have fun, see friends, be alive...Dang. Darn.

This whole thing will settle down at some point.

Best to stay tuned ...don't worry about April until April.

ellie84

Must be harder with anxiety, luckily I don't have it (at least one thing). May you find in this situation a chance to learn to cope with your anxiety :hug:
I think I have more issues with the limitation of freedom. Not that I don't think it's right, it's a hard time for Italy and we must do what we must do. Also, not that I usually have a mundane life, rather the contrary, but I can't help but get a sense of uneasiness in knowing I can't go outside if not for very selected reasons. And being that I'm not working, it all comes down to groceries shopping, pharmacies and medical appointments basically LOL (now that I think of it, it sounds like my basic day to day of the last years). Plus I live alone and I haven't seen my parents in a month. It's the first day and I'm already fed up with this quarantine :rofl:
I hope the situation will improve soon and things will change.

Revel

Antibacterial hand washes and hand gel here has all sold out in the UK. Shops have no stock from people panic buying. You can’t buy basic foods or toilet tissue, painkillers too. It’s a huge concern
I had to do an online grocery shop for my Mum last night. She wanted her usual 9-pack of toilet rolls, but the store substituted this for a 16-pack! Her rice, pasta and tinned soups were all delivered as normal.

Also, l was able to purchase hand sanitizer gel. There was a restriction of 2 per order, but it was available.

As for "antibacterial" hand wash, if it's not in stock, basic hand wash or bar soap is just as effective.

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...
Some people around me are really being affected by the uncertainty of what the immediate future may hold. I try to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. So we must find the strength to ride this out, heaven knows that most of us can barely handle one day at a time as it is.

AnnieT

Husband went to lidl (UK) this morning.... they had handwash, soap, paracetamol, ibuprofen, toilet roll.... everything was fully stocked. We already have a couple spare of each at home so he left them for others, no need to keep stock piling. We have few weeks worth of food. Apart from that we just have to weather the storm I guess.

ljimbo423

Personally, I’m not that afraid I would die from it. I’m more afraid that it would significantly worsen my ME

A healthy fear I would say. I have the same fear but I feel like my chances of getting the virus are very low. I haven't had a cold or a flu in 10-15 years or so. But I am still washing my hands every time I get home from going out somewhere, just to be extra careful.

Rufous McKinney

A healthy fear I would say. I have the same fear but I feel like my chances of getting the virus are very low. I haven't had a cold or a flu in 10-15 years or so. But I am still washing my hands every time I get home from going out somewhere, just to be extra careful.

well, I"ve gotten a severe stomach flu 5 times in 2.5 years...and I rarely if ever leave my house.

Including two months apart (my doctor just told me I wouldn't get it again this year). (I recalled getting it 2.5 months apart, therefore I am not convinced). The flu season ends mostly after April. I get near death flu on July 6 when its 116 degrees outside.

The ER was a frozen meat locker and I'm in convulsions. And there is no: diagnosis.

My ME gets worse each bout...and I think I"m producing a nitrous oxide poisoning...each time. And maybe get more trapped, after each event.

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...
Sometimes you have to be well prepared to face the world.

89605574_1513683988796642_1202244851278497503_n.jpg

Howie Mandel's daughter knows the drill.

howie-mandell-5.jpg

So does he.