• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

another XMRV study in montreal

Daffodil

hi all. according to the National ME/FM Action Network, dr. jolicoeur will be conducting another study looking for XMRV in CFS patients, and says he is not discouraged by the negative results of the first study he did.

omerbasket

I hope that this time he would make an exact replication of the WPI's study, and would also test all of the negatives from the Culture/PCR, with the 3 other methods.
That is ofcourse unless he doesn't want to find XMRV. Because until today, these are the only methods that are known to find XMRV in the blood when it's there.

V99

Looks as if the word is finally getting out. It ain't that easy to detect and this is how you do it alla a Mikovits & Ruscetti. That is a fantastic change.

redo

I hope he just sends some samples to VIPdx, and sees what their results are before he begins designing his own test.

shannah

Any links available for

the news from National ME/FM Action Network?
contacting Dr. Paul Jolicoeur?

gu3vara

I wrote to Dr Jolicoeur, he said he will try to include me in a study to come but I don't have more details.

I'll keep you informed

omerbasket

If you've contact with him, you have to try and persuade him to use the exact methods that were used by the WPI (and to talk to them to ask how to make the tests - not to rely on any written data, because there might be missing stuff there that would be crucial), and to replicate their study (including cohort celection etc.). This is very very very important.

gu3vara

I asked which methods he will be using, if he will culture the virus like WPI did etc.. but he didn't say anything about it in the reply.

Hopefully, they will do it the right way. I'll keep asking questions if I'm selected.