• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another source/resource for CPET testing.

The two tests sites I see on the forum were a bit of a journey, we live in TN. I dug around the internet and found a company that sells the test equipment. I emailed them thinking they would at least know who has the equipment, and that may be a good way to find one near you. A very knowledgeable person called me back, I believe he is the tech service guy who installs, trains and supports this equipment. He was familiar with the test, they do it all the time. Shared the scientific paper that had been posted in Frontiers in Pediatrics. He confirmed they use the same methodologies, they use a stationary bike instead of a treadmill and they believe it gives more accurate results. They also provide data analysis for folks that buy these, but may not have that expertise. It gets better.

Their corporate office is in a north suburb of Atlanta, just a 130 mile drive away. The cost of testing and analysis is only $500 at their facility. They don’t need a referral, you just pay prior to testing. They don’t do insurance, but provide a bill with the codes for you to submit. Company is MET-TEST. I sent them an email hoping to just find a closer site and got more than I bargained for. They responded in a couple days. Woohoo!

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Also be aware that some doctors will interpret the 1 day C-PET results as "just deconditioning" as in "You're not really sick. You just haven't been exercising enough." :(

The really telling results show up on the second day of testing...i.e. the 2 day C-PET.

However, that two days worth of exertion make it especially hard on PwME (people w/ME). I've heard of some patients who never recovered to baseline after doing the testing. :(

Last edited:
She did her 2 day CPET this week. Not too wiped out. The doctor that evaluated the results confirmed what we suspected. He even signed the disability form that meets the criteria for disability for SS, based on her age. Nice people to work with.

His diagnosis after the second day test is: 1) Reduced exercise capacity 2) Increased day to day heart rate variability 3) Evidence of cardio dysfunction in late exercise.

Still need a neuropsychological test for what should be a slam dunk.