• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another(and better?) theory of of ME/CFIDS/FMS/MCS etc.

lancelot

I don't have a fear of viruses so much as I get easily annoyed at those jumping on such a bandwagon and accepting it as fact with little or no proof. Once there is more credible evidence, either way, I will be to commit to that point of view. In the meantime I remain skeptical. I'll tell you that Mikovits' initial switch, with little credible explanation, from a 67% finding to 90+% one was a huge red flag for me.

Mikovitz raises a huge red flag for you? Does the Weasel and Reeve's/CDC studies raise a bigger red flag?

Can you handle the truth?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Mikovitz raises a huge red flag for you? Does the Weasel and Reeve's/CDC studies raise a bigger red flag?

Can you handle the truth?

I pretty much discount the orthodox medical system, so the behavior of this group is of very little interest to me. I spend far more of my time reading material from researchers such as Pall, Konynenburg and De Meirleir. I think their work shows much promise.

Anyway, not only can I handle the truth, I welcome it.

lancelot

I pretty much discount the orthodox medical system, so the behavior of this group is of very little interest to me. I spend far more of my time reading material from researchers such as Pall, Konynenburg and De Meirleir. I think their work shows much promise.

Anyway, not only can I handle the truth, I welcome it.

Why would you discount the conventional medical system any more than unconventional? I welcome both why wouldn't you? BTW: KDM has jumped on the XMRV bandwagon. One reason KDM is such a great doctor is that he can change when presented with the facts. That is the same trait that makes dr cheney, dr bell, and dr peterson great doctors.

Pall's excessive oxidative stress theory is far too general and has not been proven to cause any disease let alone CFS/ME. Oxidative stress is the RESULT of all severe diseases not the cause. God bless Rich for trying, but he has only a very small piece of the pathophysiology. Both pall and rich are looking at the pathophysiology and not the cause. If you rely on them, you will be taking ineffective vitamins for the rest of your life. Like HIV and AIDS, finding the cause to MULTISYSTEMIC CFS/ME will lead to the pathophysiology, effective treatments and cure. Without finding HIV, the pathophysiology of AIDS would never have been uncovered.

You welcome the truth? really? you welcome the truth only if that truth comes out of your pre-selected non-conventional researchers who holds only one theory which are not compatible with each other nor are the authors willing to change. You do not seek the truth. You are stuck in the past. You are stuck with vitamins, CBT/GET, and anti depressants.

When Lipkin's study turns out positive, will you accept the truth? No, you won't be able to handle it. There will not be enough positive studies that can change your mind because you have already welcomed a false truth.