• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Annete Whittemore on the current state of affairs and contamination issues

free at last

Thanks Jemal, i havent read that yet, so it encouraging to see how sure they are that they might be on the right track still. I have recently just suffered my worst crash for sometime, after generally reasonable health, Inflamation is a big part of this, with muscle pain and cramping sensations while at rest. bone aching just like flu, but no cough no temperature, no one in my house has flu, and i havent been out, its the cfs for sure. immune dysfuntion is a big part that features strongly,as the poisend flu feelings ( even after long periods of seeming remission ) the weakness and effect on the brain are nothing short of complete immune dysfunction,im still convinced its cytokin poisening effects, after i did mild exercise.I still believe xmrv answers the possible reasons for these symptoms after 16 years, and the wpi should be supported, even more now, after this british smear campaign has tried to kill the xmrv connection.Please everyone lets continue to support the wpi, especially at these times when they are the least popular. They supported us when we were not popular, We should do the same, they are our greatest allie we have ever had. It just has to be a retrovirus it fits my life to damm well. others that have these symptoms, and are xmrv + i feel are also suffering inflamation and immune dysfunction. Dont let the British mess with our heads and get us thinking the wpi are wrong, like morpheus i belive, because i have to. and the glove fits
Thanks Jemal

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
That was a strong statement at the end about XMRV underlying neuro-immune diseases and untold cancers....They are not backing away from their vision of XMRV as being the puppet master at all.....which suggests that things are going well in the lab s at the WPI, NCI and Cleveland Clinic.

Recovery Soon

That was a strong statement at the end about XMRV underlying neuro-immune diseases and untold cancers.....

I'm not sure she was directly implicating XMRV as a causative agent yet- but that other retroviruses are.

"Human retroviruses, such as HIV and HTLV-1, are causative for immune deficiencies, neurological disease and cancer."

Esther12

.which suggests that things are going well in the lab s at the WPI, NCI and Cleveland Clinic.

I don't know. I was assuming that the WPI's strong statements meant they were about to release killer new evidence a year ago. As time has passed without anything amazing being released I've come to just think of it as their way. (It could be things are going wonderfully behind the scences and it just takes a while to get things published... but I'm less comfortable assuming that than I was a year ago).

Wayne

Thanks for posting this Jemal. I thought WPI's response was great, and very credible (unlike some of the recent ridiculous commentary on the four retrovirology publications).

Wayne

Enid

Most encouraging - thanks for posting. Especially enjoyed the terms "most experienced scientists" and the reverse "creators of sensational headlines" Think we all know the WPI is the real thing.