• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anecdotal News: Retroviroligist finds XMRV in Europe

Alexia

Hi creekfeet,
I'm just too tired to translate it... but I found that it gives a summary of the situation. It's 9 pages! nothing new for us (except the news from Dr. De Meirleir) but for someone who doesn't know much about XMRV it's really great.

creekfeet

Sockfeet
I've been talking to a doctor in Munich who works with the Robert Koch Institute and he told me that although they had problems in the beginning they now seem to have found a good way of testing. Many of his patients are XMRV positive. First results will be published in March.

I will be looking forward to March for way more than the Academy Awards, now.

creekfeet

Sockfeet
Hi creekfeet,
I'm just too tired to translate it... but I found that it gives a summary of the situation. It's 9 pages! nothing new for us (except the news from Dr. De Meirleir) but for someone who doesn't know much about XMRV it's really great.

Yeah, a good overview to show to family, friends, and uninformed doctors, would be valuable.

Hope123

De Meirleir and the parties involved need to publish in an English (the main language of science right now) peer-reviewed journal. The reality is that governments, researchers, and healthcare staff will take this much more seriously if it is. My concerns about De Meirleir is he makes a lot of announcements but doesn't back it up by publishing. I'm not asking for the New England Journal of Medicine or the Journal of the American Medical Association here. People talk about CFS being a stigmatized subject for journals but I think that is changing and I have always admired various CFS researchers who endeavor to get their articles published somewhere, anywhere even if it's a less well-known journal as their work will show up in searches for articles when other or new researchers look for them.