• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

And then there was one- anyone else in US still not vaccinated?

vision blue

I was looking for the thread on Anyone decided not to get vaccvine but coukdnt find it

Theres a new rule in the US which has me squirming. Its the one where if you are fully vaccinated you dont have to wear masks. Locally, everyone has jumped on this- eg farmers market even sent noticed saying if youve been vaccinated no masks needed

First, as i work up to saying what prompted me to post, you have to take peoples word for it. Im sure there will be rule breakers meqning those unvacinated will now be at higher risk. And also since risk of transmission not zero for vaccinated, even those telling truth now increase my chances by not wearing masks

But what really irks me is the reason they did this. And no one but me seems to see this. The reason is not that wevee now reached a safe level, or herd immunity, or reached some prestwvlish criterion of death rates- its to punish the unvaccinated. They've decided the only way to increaae vax rate is to say well ok you dont want to get vaccinated? Well yiu miust wear your mask then while ykur vaccinated bretheren do not. What do you think of that?, they are saying so not punishment exactky, worse thsn punishment- perverted patronizing, very patronizing, way to attempt to coerce behavior. I like Ohios way bettee at least- chance to win a million bucks.

I still have reasons not to get vaccinated and they still feel compelling to me but its getting harder and harder to hold out. I cancelled a needed in person med appt next week from the risk i know in some ways lower bu cant eg risk uber- plenty of drivers and riders will go mask less pretending to be vaccinated)? And the alienation gets stronger. Others in US in my peer grouo all fully vaccinated. I backed out of a group zoom with friends last night since the alienation is too prominent for ne right niow.

So if anyone in US still has i nit sure i can get vaccinated stories, feel free to share. Quick list for me is full dose too big, autonomic symptoms flare with immune activation, theres no one to take care of ne, vertigo maay return (i have readon to suspect this and at this point choose to die over more vertigo), have atrophy on both arns with very small arm circumfrqbce, ive been in ER with profouvd pain in both upper arms and shouders which left ne almost unable to care for myself, heart arhtyhmmias may return

xebex

I hear ya!

I’m In Canada and still not vaccinated though the rollout was slower here, my husband is getting his first shot on Monday.

I just don’t know what to do. My ME was triggered by a vaccine, though I’m sure it was lying in wait to cripple me and would have done regardless. But the thought of intentionally making myself worse is too great. I mean I never catch colds or flu so maybe I wouldn’t even get the rona. On the other hand maybe the vax would give me a nice little remission as I’ve heard it’s done for some.

bensmith

Me. Everybody in home throwing the mask off i think : (. Still some usage but like, mostly not. Scared. Ill prob move out to isloate forecer lol.

Rufous McKinney

But what really irks me is the reason they did this. And no one but me seems to see this. The reason is not that wevee now reached a safe level, or herd immunity, or reached some prestwvlish criterion of death rates- its to punish the unvaccinated.

I totally agree with you and have been perturbed by all this recent balony. I now fast forward.

I would have maybe worded it as: to REWARD the vaccinated.

So to create MORE incentive to get vaccinated, REWARD those who do with Promises of More fun Times.

I contend this is NOT based upon a sciency thing, despite their proclamations.

This thing started getting out of hand with: Wear 2 masks. Hey wear 3! And do so when your outside not near a crowd. REALLY LAME. Their credibility really plummeted.

so now there is NOTHING to protect- from the many unvaccinated, and they have no plan to get vaccinated. And never will.

Now we hear thats 40% of the US military (who should by now know they got given GUlf War Syndrome and Burn Pit Illness by their own superiors, who should be jailed for these crimes, you ask me). So they may have to force them.

Really, most of this whole story started with: we have so few icu beds that we could fill them quickly- so we shut down the economy over too few beds and lack of nurses and why have PPE equipment in an advanced nation?

Rufous McKinney

I still have reasons not to get vaccinated and they still feel compelling to me but its getting harder and harder to hold out. I cancelled a needed in person med appt next week from the risk i know in some ways lower bu cant eg risk uber- plenty of drivers and riders will go mask less pretending to be vaccinated)?

its slowly dawning on me this new change leaves any of us who are UNABLE to be vaccinated for our medical reasons- entirely screwed.

without herd immunity and at the only about 50% vaccinated...- if I go out, and I have my mask on- but others don't...its not foolproof AT ALL. It can go right into thru your eyes, for instance (they rarely talk about that one)

Those risks are worse, and the unvaccinated ones are now going to love it. Many don't stay home when they get sick, either.

geraldt52

I'm quite sure they've now inadvertantly (maybe...) opened the floodgates for full-on "shaming". I wouldn't be at all surprised if the shaming elevates to violence at times, as against the AAPI community.

The biggest reason I won't get vaccinated is that I've learned after 35 years with CFS that absolutely no one will give a shit, or even believe me, if I end up as one of the unfortunates with a bad reaction to the vaccine. Hell, they aren't even recognizing that there are unfortunates...everything is dismissed as "there's no proof that it was related to the vaccine". Convenient.

For those who got the vaccine and had no reaction, or gotten over any reaction, be aware that vaccine induced autoimmunity could present itself months or years later...and by then of course it couldn't have had anything to do with the vaccine.

It's a chance, and people not willing to take it shouldn't be punished. But of course they will be...

vision blue

Thanks everyone for these replies. I agree with them all so much and they are all so well said (the shaming, the eyes, the not giving a shit, etc) . Its really helpful to know there are other people like me. Shouldnt we have a sign we can flash in case we run across another zebra?

Rufous McKinney

Shouldnt we have a sign we can flash in case we run across another zebra?

It would be cool to have a secret code membership pin. Flash the pin- or notice the pin on others: you have an instant new friend!

I'm still unvaccinated, chosing to lay low in that not chosing it way. But my husband may do it early next week.

And then the big risk for me is going with him.

Davsey27

I don't know.Seems there are lots of people with co-infections like lyme,heavy metals,detox problems and perhaps vaccinations may not be a good combo with this ......

It possibly that adding a vaccine may be problematic though many may decide the benefits may outweigh the risks

Booble

I've been holding out as well and NOT happy about the CDC's comments. They are putting out message that the pandemic is over and we know that's not the case.

I'm freaking out a little today because vaccinated husband is feeling sick today - snuffly nose, throat irritation, constant need to swallow, and sensitive scalp.
My freakout also include that I was out of the house in public several times this week for some things I needed to do for the first time in a over a year. We were outside most of the time, masked, the other people masked.
Husband isn't feeling well. I'm exhausted from little sleep and lot of work all week and PEM fatigue and now adding worrying about COVID. I wish I was vaccinated but I also know that I'm not certain of a good outcome with it. UGH.

Rufous McKinney

I'm freaking out a little today because vaccinated husband is feeling sick today - snuffly nose, throat irritation, constant need to swallow, and sensitive scalp.

Well its just most likely he picked up a common cold virus. They all still exist, just a bit more scarce due to people being more sequestered.

so Please try to remain calm, and keep us posted.

Booble

Well its just most likely he picked up a common cold virus. They all still exist, just a bit more scarce due to people being more sequestered.

so Please try to remain calm, and keep us posted.

Thanks, Ruf.
I *think he's having some bad allergy reaction to having done a lot of mowing of the property and breathing in all the accompanying grass and molds. But I don't know for sure. I'm all clogged too plus PEM-ing from a week of over exertion so it's all a bad combo. The whole week prior to feeling sick we only got a few hours sleep each night so we are both running on empty. The stupid covid possibility just adds to the anxiety.

Rufous McKinney

The whole week prior to feeling sick we only got a few hours sleep each night so we are both running on empty. The stupid covid possibility just adds to the anxiety.

Well thats sounds all rather understandable! Probably not COVID.

My husband is likely to get vaccine # 1 next week, and me to go with him. So: I'm going to be convinced germs are everywhere at the vaccination place itself! Egad Egad must remain rational.

Booble

Well thats sounds all rather understandable! Probably not COVID.

My husband is likely to get vaccine # 1 next week, and me to go with him. So: I'm going to be convinced germs are everywhere at the vaccination place itself! Egad Egad must remain rational.

Yes, it's surprising how freaky it is being in public after 14 months of hibernation. Everybody and every place look like virus vector!

I was a little bit of a nutter at the car dealership. You had to fill out a survey on a computer kiosk and have your temperature checked --- I said, "no thanks! I'm not touching that. I'll stay out here." Husband was embarrassed and he filled it out for me and I just had to hold my wrist up to the temperature machine. Then when they gave me a wrist band to wear I didn't want to touch it. I mean, I've always been a freak but not THIS much of a freak!