• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amy Proal's latest review of viral persistence in Long Covid/PASC

BrightCandle

The next paper I was expecting from Amy Proal was around the Super PET scanner using antibody tracers to find persistence in the body conclusively. I am surprised to find a review paper of the existing literature as I believed the study was underway.

Osaca

The next paper I was expecting from Amy Proal was around the Super PET scanner using antibody tracers to find persistence in the body conclusively. I am surprised to find a review paper of the existing literature as I believed the study was underway.
This paper was already fully written down by March, meaning it was probably written around end of last year. I also believe the study is underway (in fact it is, as shown in the recent Peluso paper), but a lot of these things often happen simultaneously.

sometexan84

Amy Proal's more recent stuff here is better, in my opinion. This video and podcast are both from like 3 weeks ago...

I especially like the portion of video starting at around 15:20, about SARS-CoV-2 gut reservoir and leaky gut.

And here's the new podcast...

Long Covid Podcast w/ Amy Proal - https://www.buzzsprout.com/1835170/13570724