• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amy Dockser Marcus writes about CFSAC meeting

Jemal

I don't think this article was already posted on this forum?

At the meetings public comment period, CFS patients pressed for more funding to study XMRV and to launch clinical trials. Many of the patients wore shirts with NIH: What have you done for ME/CFS today? emblazoned on the front. And some held up Act Now placards. (ME refers to myalgic encephalomyelitis/encephalopathy, another term used to describe the condition.)

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/10/15/xmrv-on-everyones-mind-at-a-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-meeting/

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks, Jemal - I've posted an appreciative comment on Amy's blogpost and recommend that we all do the same - positive feedback for her can only help get us more of this kind of helpful coverage. It's good that she is shining a light on what goes on at CFSAC.