• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Am sweating a little

godlovesatrier

Old thread this but over the last several months on the Joshua Leisk protocol I noticed my sweat glands have been a lot more active than they ever were in the preceding years (after I stopped Siberian ginseng). Not sure why the sweat glands slow down so dramatically but I've noticed now that I smell quite strongly even after a shower sometimes 🤣

It's bizarre because I didn't smell at all before I started the protocol. So it must have corrected the hormones or organs that deal with sweat secretion. Whatever those are.

Hopefully this is a good thing :)

vision blue

AT least 3 different aspects of sweating are under at least somewhat different mechansims:

Sweating in response to heat during the day
Sweating in response to heat during the night
Sweating in response to emotional situations

YippeeKi YOW !!

AT least 3 different aspects of sweating are under at least somewhat different mechansims:

Sweating in response to heat during the day
Sweating in response to heat during the night
Sweating in response to emotional situations
Here's a few others:

• Night sweats as a symptom of lymphoma, both Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's
  • Carcinoid tumors
  • Leukemia
  • Mesothelioma
  • Certain types of bone cancers
  • Sweats accompanied by fatigue may indicate an infection or low BP
  • Occasionally, linked to a drop in blood glucose ....
There are many, many reasons for sweats, including stress responses or anxiety ....

vision blue

But im npt talking about pathologies, just that its known in normals that these 3 are different

Because hypothetmia and hyperthermia during sleep when you cant change your behavior is an especial threat, temp revulation protected with special me hanisms, even if you have dysautonomia failures during the day. Daytime failure does not nean nighttime failure and vice versa (Another protection is if the ambient temp us too hot or too cold, then the body will not enter deep sleep because we do t temp regulate during deep sleep)

And me haniam for stress sweat is different and smells different. In sure tons written on it but not my area. Prediction tho is if dysautomia removes ability to sweat in response to temp inc, it may not remove ability to sweat in response to stressors

Point really is when OP says she may be sweating more, disentangling requires keepinf seperate track of each of these 3 normal somewhat independent sweating circuits. Which of the 3 was impaired? Which improved lately. E