• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

all type of probiotics worse GI symptoms

i try probiotics lacto and bifido packs, only lactos, only bifidos, only rhamonous GG, only no d-lactic acid, only no histamine producers, etc
those only worse my symptoms(pain,inflammation,burn,etc) but years ago dont have these effect only neutral or good; check for pylori,parasites,etc all free
my salt intake is very low because i dont tolerate it the burn in my stomach same as acidic foods
i dont eat general irritants(milk,spicy,gluten,corn,etc)
What can it be, some theories?

raghav

Add a spoonful of probiotic to plain yoghurt/ kefir and leave it overnight to ferment. Then consume it next day 15 minutes before meals. Try this regularly and tell me how you feel in a week's time.

You can add 1 teaspoon of probiotic powder to 1 liter of plain yoghurt or kefir and gently mix it and leave it outside to ferment. Then keep it in the refrigerator. Consume 50 ml of this 15 minutes before every meal.

Last edited:
Add a spoonful of probiotic to plain yoghurt/ kefir and leave it overnight to ferment. Then consume it next day 15 minutes before meals. Try this regularly and tell me how you feel in a week's time.

You can add 1 teaspoon of probiotic powder to 1 liter of plain yoghurt or kefir and gently mix it and leave it outside to ferment. Then keep it in the refrigerator. Consume 50 ml of this 15 minutes before every meal.
thanks
I will try that,
A possible SIBO situation?
What can I take, something smooth to start
that does not irritate my stomach?

@arctos
i try probiotics lacto and bifido packs, only lactos, only bifidos, only rhamonous GG, only no d-lactic acid, only no histamine producers, etc
those only worse my symptoms(pain,inflammation,burn,etc) but years ago dont have these effect only neutral or good; check for pylori,parasites,etc all free
my salt intake is very low because i dont tolerate it the burn in my stomach same as acidic foods
i dont eat general irritants(milk,spicy,gluten,corn,etc)
What can it be, some theories?

Get your microbiome tested. From there you will start to find clues.

microbiomeprescription.com / cfsremission.com are great resources.

I highly recommend waiting for your results before trying more probiotics as it's pretty clear you're not reacting well to bifido/lacto probiotics.

After viewing your analysis, you may be better suited for;
  • soil based organism probiotics
  • yeast based probiotics
  • e coli probiotics- to be imported unforunately.