• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alcohol potentiates orthostatic hyptension

Violeta

Do you think acetaldehyde produced by candida might also be a cause of orthostatic hypotension?

Not from the abstract, but...
"In a person with a Candida overgrowth, the liver becomes overworked as it struggles to process larger amounts of acetaldehyde. This build-up of acetaldehyde, ethanol, and other toxins can slow down various processes in your body, energy storage for example."

Alcohol potentiates orthostatic hypotension : implications for alcohol-related syncope​

Conclusions: Short-term alcohol consumption elicits hypotension during orthostatic stress because of impairment of vasoconstriction.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10653831/

LINE

Good post - anything that has toxicity is going to be going to push the adrenal glands which is the source of orthostatic hypotension. Adrenals are activated with immune stressors which includes both pathogenic invasion and toxicity. Supporting the adrenals with specific nutrients and relieving the immune stressors will definitely help.

As you suggest, pathogens spit out toxic byproducts that the body has to handle.

Last edited:

Violeta

Yes, I am thinking candida is what causes me to frequently wake up feeling like I have a hangover. I am working on it. Just saw this on twitter.

1696515757037.png

LINE

Makes sense in that the T cells (and other cells) are going to be exhausted. Dense nutrients should be able to restore their functionality. Example, Vitamin C is a component of "dense nutrients".

https://jitc.bmj.com/content/10/Suppl_2/A370

Snippet from that article:

Conclusions Our studies demonstrate that the addition of VC (Vitamin C) to CD19-CAR T production increased their expansion and prevented their exhaustion, resulting in enhanced antitumor function. Studies are ongoing to determine whether this occurs via epigenetic reprogramming.

LINE

Yes, I am thinking candida is what causes me to frequently wake up feeling like I have a hangover. I am working on it. Just saw this on twitter.

Yes, these organisms produce toxic byproducts, hangover = toxin overload. In addition to this, the immune response spits out some pretty nasty byproducts as well. ROS = Reactive Oxygen Species is one of the byproducts of immune activation.

Violeta

Makes sense in that the T cells (and other cells) are going to be exhausted. Dense nutrients should be able to restore their functionality. Example, Vitamin C is a component of "dense nutrients".

https://jitc.bmj.com/content/10/Suppl_2/A370

Snippet from that article:

Conclusions Our studies demonstrate that the addition of VC (Vitamin C) to CD19-CAR T production increased their expansion and prevented their exhaustion, resulting in enhanced antitumor function. Studies are ongoing to determine whether this occurs via epigenetic reprogramming.
Thank you, I need to work on that.