• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advisors to the government on ME (commonly referred to as CFS) should be ME experts, not psychiatri

taniaaust1

If it weren't for loud and obnoxious activism the gays would still be dying from some unknown illness. You are competing in a din of public demands and concerns on your government. Be heard or perish! Be pugnacious, honest, and loud !

Even without advocacy.. it would of become well known that gays were dying in the medical profession. What their advocacy did thou is just helped speed things up for them as maybe it would of otherwise taken 20 years more years for it to be generally accepted that many were dying from AIDS. As soon as something is known to be infectious and affecting many and killing anyone who catches.. the govs would of stepped up out of fear for themselves, family or whatever.

In a way due to it was so clear people were dying.. they were fighting a fight that they just couldnt loose. So quite different to our fight where we just "mostly" living like a living death in the severe cases. People arent scared of our illness unlike in the 80s with AIDS.. I still remember all the public fear at the time before much was known about it. One thing which could change things for us is if there was another VERY BIG massive outbreak of ME somewhere eg a major city of Amercia or something. It would quickly put ME back in public eye and could be hard to cover up.. and we all know that they do not like people to think that CFS is contagious..so I wonder how the governement would handle such a situation (maybe suddenly they would split CFS and ME apart due to it).