• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

advice on breaking accidental methyl trap

linusbert

Would you mind sharing, if you know, where to get tested for those genes? I'm having a really bad time with methyl. I was going to try hydroxy but feeling very conflicted since it's not as effective for some people. And the methyl has been great for my B12 deficiency symptoms. Just terribl as far as more potassium inducing.

Thank you for any info!!

nebula genomics or 23andme. i did both, but depending on your usecase nebula WGS sequencing might provide for information. but 23andme has a bigger tool community.
then upload data to genetic genie for a free report https://geneticgenie.org/
looks like this if you have nebula as base
1679696482580.png1679696624338.png1679696641976.png1679696659892.png

looks like this for 23andme:
1679697609796.png

so for genetic genie nebula is a lot for detailed. other tools might not work with nebula at all and just 23andme.

but its not as useful as it seams. if you are not homozygote but like i am , just heterozygote, its confusing.
i got those nice shiny results but i dont know what to do with them.

50% of humanity are heterozygote...

you should read into methyl trap and overmethylation. but in the end its always trying out what works for the individual.

Last edited:

TinaT

nebula genomics or 23andme. i did both, but depending on your usecase nebula WGS sequencing might provide for information. but 23andme has a bigger tool community.
then upload data to genetic genie for a free report https://geneticgenie.org/
looks like this if you have nebula as base
View attachment 50957View attachment 50958View attachment 50959View attachment 50960

looks like this for 23andme:
View attachment 50961

so for genetic genie nebula is a lot for detailed. other tools might not work with nebula at all and just 23andme.

but its not as useful as it seams. if you are not homozygote but like i am , just heterozygote, its confusing.
i got those nice shiny results but i dont know what to do with them.

50% of humanity are heterozygote...

you should read into methyl trap and overmethylation. but in the end its always trying out what works for the individual.

Thank you. You have been SO helpful and absolutely awesome! Where do you live? I'm in Florida.

I have had such an up and down day. 😒

I did learn a few things.

I can't handle any calories overnight, even though the C water really helped my low potassium symptoms. And I really don't want to drink calories randomly during the day, either. I an used to drinking water and I'm going to weigh a ton if I keep this up. I don't know why I'm more comfortable with C water than even a homemade electrolyte drink. I'm sure now, this is potassium, or a combo or potassium and anxiety, although I really think it's all potassium. That's my fear -- the shaking could be anxiety. So that wouldn't be time to drink potassium. But like earlier I had hand numbness (new thing) and I feel weak, which is extremely abnormal for me. Question now is what to do about all of this.

I was thinking I haven't seen a bunch of people talking about iron on this site. But I think that's equally important right now, based on how I feel, and other sites with B12 deficiency guides. Unfortunately, iron doesn't help the potassium. It just helps with energy and strength.

I greatly appreciated @Freddd 's suggestions for what to do, too.

At least I slept two nights in a row without sleeping pills, just not nearly enough. But once I drank some C water in the morning, and took a B minus, buffered C (which has electrolytes), cal / mag, 1000 mcg tri combo B12, and D, I felt really good. That lasted for several hours getting ready to go to the beach.

During lunch, I took one three arrows heme iron plus (includes a small amount like 25 mcg of methylfolate and a little B12). Within minutes it seemed, I started feeling that extreme tiredness, headache, and nausea. Plus reflux got worse (that can't keep happening bc "reflux creates more reflux," and I'll be back on pepsid, which I can't say enough is going to kill me if I can't stop that for good).

So I really regretted taking that pill, ready to leave for the beach and feeling really crappy, after a promising start. But then I remembered potassium. I filled my water bottle then added the C water powder and started drinking. Within just a few min, that tiredness went away totally. The nausea and reflux took longer but I don't think those are potassium related -- that's just the iron pills. I'll have to find another option there.

But this potassium thing. Ugh. I kept drinking C water all day. When we arrived, I felt like I could try running on the beach, something I've done countless times before. When I started, my body felt heavy and weak. Not as bad as during my run yesterday, but definitely something was wrong feeling. I had C water so I kept drinking as I was running. Within maybe 15-20 min, I started feeling *really, really* strong, like I could run faster than ever. And I ran 5.2 miles. I think that was from the heme iron.

But I get back to our RV and my hand is numb. I again start drinking more C water and that went away. But during dinner, shaky, weak, and very sad. I'm so afraid that this methylation or whatever is my new normal.

I want to create an electrolyte drink without calories. Somehow I think I would feel less scared of a mix, with that's still scary. And since I'm low on potassium, adding everything might just perpetuate the imbalance. This potassium thing is going to be really tough for me. I can just imagine taking "enough" hopefully not to die, but not enough to thrive or even feel decent.

@linusbert thank you for the suggestion about the lactoferrin. I'm hoping I can tolerate that, and it helps. I would love to think I could tolerate garlic drops but I'm guessing those would also cause reflux. I'm going to review your other suggestions next week. Everything is kind of a blur right now.

@fred I'm just wondering. What caused you to fall into refeeding in the first place, and why do you think you have to keep refeeding? I mean wouldn't you just be fed at some point?

And is this potassium situation likely to get better if I am able to space out the shots more? I read on a B12 deficiency site that the potassium situation happens mainly during "early, intensive treatment." This begs the question: what the heck is early? And is this true? I'm really just completely terrified that this draw down of potassium isn't going to stop. My last B12 shot was 7 days ago, and the potassium thing is still happening. And does it gradually get better over time?

And is there any problem with drinking potassium fast? Forgot to mention now I'm way more constipated than usual. This is the end of my beach day, after dinner. And I'm unusually tired again. I feel sure those are both potassium. So I'm drinking 99 mgs as you suggested. This is trace minerals "potassium," but really it has a mix, just heavy on potassium. I put that in 16 oz of water. Can I safely drink that in maybe 15-20 min? Or any speed I want? Or should I just sip slowly?

And do you just drink potassium until your muscles stop twitching? Maybe wait 30 min then drink more if they are still twitching?

Also I think you should link to that explanation you gave me earlier. That was perfect! So simple! I think that would be a great resource for newcomers.

Last thing. Can I (pretty please) take folonic acid instead? Methylfolate has given me bad symptoms every time. In the past, it would give me a sore throat and allergy symptoms by evening. I really don't like that stuff

Thank you to everyone! I'm going to come back and read responses again. I'm very thankful that so many people are willing to help a complete stranger. ❤️

Last edited:

linusbert

Thank you. You have been SO helpful and absolutely awesome! Where do you live? I'm in Florida.
no problem.
florida is awesome - nature, weather (minus storms) and well, i envy you for desantis. i'd wish in germany (i am in blackforest) we had a guy like that.

I can't handle any calories overnight, even though the C water really helped my low potassium symptoms. And I really don't want to drink calories randomly during the day, either. I an used to drinking water and I'm going to weigh a ton if I keep this up.
dont think about calories if you are not gaining weight. the judge for that is the scale and not the calculator.
you are talking a bit like my ex girlfriend, she was anorectic. not saying you are but that triggers a alarm in me. from what you describe what you are eating, i see no way how you would gain any weight at all. i actually believe you need to load up on the good stuff. like bacon and eggs and liver and beef. you really need a good source of fats. is one main thing for vegans, having garbage fat in their body. plant based fats are garbage (rare exceptions like high EVOO).

damn i think i need to get this C water.

i am also struggling with vitamins right now, i think methylated stuff like folat and b12 make my asthma and allergies worse. i am not sure thou if it is methyl trap or overmethylation or just a random unlabeled allergen (artificial vitamins always contain residues from what they were made, some were made from mold). it also is accumulative over days and weeks.
its like yours, starting a few hours later, climaxing in the following days.
i just ordered a methyl free B and a folinic active but methylfree folat. lets see how that works out.

But I get back to our RV and my hand is numb.
any weird sudden onset of new symptoms could actually be causative of what you did do or did take.
its always a good idea to stop everything until body is stable again.
maybe as long as your are having this little beach trip, cut back on anything and just try to enjoy the beach and things. take a few pictures, make videos of the waves... share with us if you will :)

also if you got the blood glucose measure device (the simple one - not the 14 day sensor) just do a test in the situation and check your blood sugar.

Last edited:

TinaT

no problem.
florida is awesome - nature, weather (minus storms) and well, i envy you for desantis. i'd wish in germany (i am in blackforest) we had a guy like that.

dont think about calories if you are not gaining weight. the judge for that is the scale and not the calculator.
you are talking a bit like my ex girlfriend, she was anorectic. not saying you are but that triggers a alarm in me. from what you describe what you are eating, i see no way how you would gain any weight at all. i actually believe you need to load up on the good stuff. like bacon and eggs and liver and beef. you really need a good source of fats. is one main thing for vegans, having garbage fat in their body. plant based fats are garbage (rare exceptions like high EVOO).

damn i think i need to get this C water.

i am also struggling with vitamins right now, i think methylated stuff like folat and b12 make my asthma and allergies worse. i am not sure thou if it is methyl trap or overmethylation or just a random unlabeled allergen (artificial vitamins always contain residues from what they were made, some were made from mold). it also is accumulative over days and weeks.
its like yours, starting a few hours later, climaxing in the following days.
i just ordered a methyl free B and a folinic active but methylfree folat. lets see how that works out.

any weird sudden onset of new symptoms could actually be causative of what you did do or did take.
its always a good idea to stop everything until body is stable again.
maybe as long as your are having this little beach trip, cut back on anything and just try to enjoy the beach and things. take a few pictures, make videos of the waves... share with us if you will :)

also if you got the blood glucose measure device (the simple one - not the 14 day sensor) just do a test in the situation and check your blood sugar.

Hello. I'm sure it's potassium. But I still plan to check next week.

Man we have very different opinions on a lot of things! 🤪

I still think you're cool though. I definitely think the methyl vitamins could be worsening your allergies. I think I read that they could but I'm not sure about the source now. I will check the B12 book, written by an MD expert on B12. I do remember book said -- if you are experiencing symptoms after the B12 shot, he would check methylfolate first, as the more likely culprit. And I'm pretty sure that's where I read that methylfolate could worsen allergies. That triggered an immediate reaction in me, bc my allergies had been worse than ever. It has been a bad allergy season but this was just off the charts. Then I did some testing of exclusion and realized it was the methylfolate. So I think your plan sounds good. I'm trying B minus and folonic acid. I just wonder why everyone seems to think you need methylfolate (like maybe folonic acid isn't good enough?) I'm really hoping that isn't true.

I disagree about the plant based fats and the animal based fats! There is a lot, lot, lot of evidence about the better health outcomes of plant based diets. However, you absolutely must supplement with B12. That was my big mistake. (At the moment, since I'm in this hole, I really would like to eat some liver. But again animal meat and fat. Is totally out of the question as far as reflux. I can only tolerate turkey or chicken breast.)

I'm sorry I forgot you might have problems too! Forgive me. I'm just in total crisis, still. Like I just thought you were fine and still hanging out here bc you have made friends here. 😁 Thank you for trying to help me when you are suffering, too.

I woke up with horrible symptoms, now sipping coconut water *again*. Bleh.

And I'm not anorexic. I love food and I eat a lot! I have only eaten low acid after fighting like hell to avoid it, on the instruction from two doctors. It's been hell bc it eliminates most good food and makes any diet, especially plant based, extremely limited. My gastro system was screwed, too, which eliminated beans, a huge nutritional blow as far as I'm concerned. I think meat is extremely toxic and you can talk for a long time and I'll not agree my friend. I hope we can still be friends. 🥰

The calorie thing is simply calories in / calories out. I'm eating and drinking too many. I am very slowly gaining a little weight. I don't weigh myself but I can see it. I eat a lot of plant based fat to get plant based protein, esp when I can't eat beans. No one can eat and eat and not exercise and not gain weight. But, again, I love food and I eat plenty.

When this low acid instruction came hard and fast from these doctors, I resisted HARD. I cut a lot but couldn't cut everything. I never cut blueberries (but I eat them in a smoothie which is alkaline). But I told them... I'm going to develop an eating disorder from these terrible instructions. I knew it wasn't healthy. But I learned the hard way that acidic foods WILL do damage. They hurt. And I feel better when I don't eat them. That's just reality.

I have been an avid runner for 25 years. I wouldn't mind not exercising if that were going to be a short term situation. But this seems longer term, so I'm trying to learn how to manage my potassium and still be active.. And I'm really trying to figure out whether this potassium situation usually gets better and how quickly that happens. I'm going to be talking to a woman from a B12 society who does consults, on Tuesday. I'm hoping she will know a little more.

And why do you not think it's potassium? I mean that's the biggest known risk of the shots, I have all of the symptoms, and drinking C water makes them better.

Anyway, I came back to ask if anyone knows whether this would be a good no calorie electrolyte drink:

• 1/4 tsp Sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp Potassium chloride
16 oz water

I still plan to drink some C water, but I need to cut back. And for sure, I'm desperate for an overnight drink without calories. That has nothing to do with weight. It's a very known thing that you can't ingest calories then go straight back to sleep, really for anyone, but especially for those with reflux. Both reflux docs strictly instructed me not to eat 3-5 hrs before sleeping. That's been another hellish thing bc it forced me into intermittent fasting, something that despite the hype, I do not think is healthy. There are studies showing that intermittent fasting slows motility, plus I couldn't get enough calories to support my lifestyle before, when I was running much more than now.

So how are you doing? How is your girlfriend now?

@Freddd would love to get your opinion on that electrolyte drink recipe.

linusbert

disagree about the plant based fats and the animal based fats! There is a lot, lot, lot of evidence about the better health outcomes of plant based diets.
if there is evidence i would discredit it.
the reason plant based fats are so bad is because they oxidize pretty fast and also omega 6 : 3 ratio. the PUFAs are bad. despite what everyone in mainstream tells you. you only need enough(!) PUFA for certain functions, but PUFAs never should be a source of energy. saturated and mono unsaturated fats are the best energy source for a normal body. high EVOO and coconut oil are exceptions. and maybe a very few more.
thats why grass fed butter is optimal.
the best fat profile is high in monounsaturated and saturated fats and very low pufa and good omega 6 to 3 ratio. the overall ratio must be correct.

i actually challenge you to a test and i bet money that my blood fat profile is better than yours.
my only fat sources are butter, cheese and eggs.
dare?
1679735711119.png

Man we have very different opinions on a lot of things! 🤪
we do
I still think you're cool though
i know

I'm sorry I forgot you might have problems too! Forgive me. I'm just in total crisis, still. Like I just thought you were fine and still hanging out here bc you have made friends here. 😁 Thank you for trying to help me when you are suffering, too.
i think this forum needs more engagement. , i am trying to add a bit. its just so frustrating if you open a thread in your demise and you do not get any answers. mine are not the best and not much accurate (except with the fat thou, there i am 100% right ;P) but its something to get started.

makes any diet, especially plant based, extremely limited.
imho i dont like plant based (though i am almost vegetarian, eat mostly bread + cheese + eggs and sometimes a piece of meat for lunch... everyone eats to survive in the end).
i really believe a carnivore diet will remedy problems for many. i'd love to try but as you, fatty meat makes my reflux insane, i cant just handle it. but a piece here and there is fine. but at some point i'd like to try RAW beef. they say RAW is easier to digest because the enzymes to digest are already in the meat.
i do tell you know, this disease is making me a sick animal... beast! eating raw hearts and blood... imagine that.

have you heard of the peterson family? michaela peterson, jordan peterson? they have a familiar bad genomes and cannot tolerate plant based, they got bad inflamation, and the daughter michaela was really crippled early in her life. they switched to carnivore and got almost complete remission. of course their case is extreme, but there are more stories like this.

I think meat is extremely toxic and you can talk for a long time and I'll not agree my friend.
you do not need to agree with me. i just offer information.
industrial meat is toxic. old school meat is super healthy. mankind ate it for hundredthousands of years and did just fine. those western disease just came sind like 50-70 years and originated from the USA. thats when they started industrialized food processing and the food lobby came up with all those cheap plant oils. those were actually garbage, but somehow they made consumers believe they are healthy.
beef, eggs, bacon, liver... one of the healthies foods you can eat.
and i think you actually know it already , you can't just admit it. or why do you eat liver and feel great afterwards?

cows need to free range, they need to eat grass and not grains(!). they do not need antibiotics and all that crap. if you have a healthy natural raised and fed cow, you get the best food.
also animals are much happier under natural conditions!
we do not need veganism, we need old school free range farming!

btw my girl is vegetarian (due to health reasons 99% vegan now but used to love eggs and cheese). she craves for fish and liver... but she is so much in for the animals, she would rather die. but she agrees on the health benefits of good animal products. she just will not eat those for ideological reasons.

And I'm not anorexic. I love food and I eat a lot!
denial is a criteria for anorexia. :D:xeyes:

No one can eat and eat and not exercise and not gain weight.
i could for 30 years until my disease struck. i was bmi 19. 60kg , 180cm.. desperately tried to gain weight. and then it switched, now its opposite, i eat severe hypocaloric diet and i am a freakin' seal now!!
its really all about metabolism. cal in and cal out is not real.

1679738775481.png

And why do you not think it's potassium? I mean that's the biggest known risk of the shots, I have all of the symptoms, and drinking C water makes them better.
how do you know it is?
it could also be the calories, the sugar. one food which makes me really thrive , or used to, was potatoes. insane amounts of potassium.
i thought at first it must be the potassium. but i was wrong. it was the insulin spikes and sugar! ... i achieved the same bonus with just plain glucose monohydrate. everything which raises insulin makes me feel better, including insulin shots. but also whey protein.

do the test, drink like 10g plain glucose. and watch if you get better. but careful to not follow that road to much, otherwise you end up like me drinking like 80g raw glucose or whey protein.
diabetes comes included. funny thing thou, if i just driink glucose, my blood glucose stays stable or even falls. if i eat the healthy bread my glucose spikes.

Last edited:

TinaT

the reason plant based fats are so bad is because they oxidize pretty fast and also omega 6 : 3 ratio. the PUFAs are bad. despite what everyone in mainstream tells you. you only need enough(!) PUFA for certain functions, but PUFAs never should be a source of energy. saturated and mono unsaturated fats are the best energy source for a normal body. high EVOO and coconut oil are exceptions. and maybe a very few more.
the best fat profile is high in monounsaturated and saturated fats and very low pufa and good omega 6 to 3 ratio. the overall ratio must be correct.

i actually challenge you to a test and i bet money that my blood fat profile is better than yours.
dare?
View attachment 50967

we do

i know

i think this forum needs more engagement. , i am trying to add a bit. its just so frustrating if you open a thread in your demise and you do not get any answers. mine are not the best and not much accurate (except with the fat thou, there i am 100% right ;P) but its something to get started.

imho i dont like plant based (though i am almost vegetarian, eat mostly bread + cheese + eggs and sometimes a piece of meat for lunch... everyone eats to survive in the end).
i really believe a carnivore diet will remedy problems for many. i'd love to try but as you, fatty meat makes my reflux insane, i cant just handle it. but a piece here and there is fine. but at some point i'd like to try RAW beef. they say RAW is easier to digest because the enzymes to digest are already in the meat.
i do tell you know, this disease is making me a sick animal... beast! eating raw hearts and blood... imagine that.

have you heard of the peterson family? michaela peterson, jordan peterson? they have a familiar bad genomes and cannot tolerate plant based, they got bad inflamation, and the daughter michaela was really crippled early in her life. they switched to carnivore and got almost complete remission. of course their case is extreme, but there are more stories like this.

industrial meat is toxic. old school meat is super healthy. mankind ate it for hundredthousands of years and did just fine. those western disease just came sind like 50-70 years and originated from the USA. thats when they started industrialized food processing and the food lobby came up with all those cheap plant oils. those were actually garbage, but somehow they made consumers believe they are healthy.
and i think you actually know it already , you can't just admit it. or why do you eat liver and feel great afterwards?

cows need to free range, they need to eat grass and not grains(!). they do not need antibiotics and all that crap. if you have a healthy natural raised and fed cow, you get the best food.

btw my girl is vegetarian (due to health reasons 99% vegan now but used to love eggs and cheese). she craves for fish and liver... but she is so much in for the animals, she would rather die. but she agrees on the health benefits of good animal products. she just will not eat those for ideological reasons.

i could for 30 years until my disease struck. i was bmi 19. 60kg , 180cm.. desperately tried to gain weight. and then it switched, now its opposite, i eat severe hypocaloric diet and i am a freakin' seal now!!

how do you know it is?
it could also be the calories, the sugar. one food which makes me really thrive , or used to, was potatoes. insane amounts of potassium.
i thought at first it must be the potassium. but i was wrong. it was the insulin spikes and sugar! ... i achieved the same bonus with just plain glucose monohydrate. everything which raises insulin makes me feel better, including insulin shots. but also whey protein.

do the test, drink like 10g plain glucose. and watch if you get better. but careful to not follow that road to much, otherwise you end up like me drinking like 80g raw glucose or whey protein.
diabetes comes included. funny thing thou, if i just driink glucose, my blood glucose stays stable or even falls. if i eat the healthy bread my glucose spikes.

I will try the test. You would have to read the ten books I've read with thousands of studies.

Nope, still don't agree.

Anorexia = deathly skinny. I'm a healthy weight and BMI. About 125-130 pds, 5'4".

Yes the heme liver feels good, but then it eventually causes heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc. I'm not interested in short term gain. If I hadn't made the known terrible mistake of having surgery tank my B12 stores (about which docs should have warned me), then stopping my B12 supplement bc of the acidity bc of the surgery, I would still feel like a million bucks.

Until then, I looked and could perform at a level WAY better than the great majority of women my age.

Your reflux is doing you a big favor...

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
with just plain glucose monohydrate. everything which raises insulin makes me feel better, including insulin shots. but also whey protein.

I wonder if you've ever been tested for McArdles Disease: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/glycogen-storage-disease-type-5-mcardles-disease.82339/

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15553-glycogen-storage-disease-gsd

TinaT

dare?
View attachment 50967

we do

i know

how do you know it is?

Also my diet hasn't substantially changed since I received the B12 shots. I was feeling physically fine before the shots. I don't think the shots induced a glucose issue. That's not a thing as far as I know. But potassium is.

TinaT

dare?
View attachment 50967

we do

i know

how do you know it is?

Not being able to exercise is devastating. I'm guessing many people gain weight, esp if trying to get many nutrients from food bc you can't handle supplements.

What do you eat?

TinaT

dare?
View attachment 50967

we do

i know

how do you know it is?

Where do I find 10 mg of plain glucose? My guess is that would worsen reflux.

Also, I just starting having terrible constipation. That's a potassium thing (I mean when clearly triggered by the B12 shots). And low BP, fast heart rate, numbness in my hands, and just very shaky, and my Tinnitus was *severe* when I woke up last night. It's been way quieter but something in my system is going haywire.

linusbert

I will try the test. You would have to read the ten books I've read files with thousands of studies.
no i dont, i just look at the biggest study of mankind, and thats evolution. people in the world do not have these kind of problems, until they adapt a SAD (standard american) diet or western food.

in regards of nutrition the studies are mostly wrong or have been debunked. a lot of myths like one-egg-a-week or cholesterol is deadly or fat makes fat have long been proven wrong.
you are free to believe in any books you like. but as long as you do not have the statistical background to actually understand scientific methods, the data and be able to analyse the study design and be able to manually assert the quality of the study... it isnt much more worth for your health than a sunday stroll to the church.
maybe you do, i don't ... and most people i read don't either. reading the "results & conclusion" section on pubmed is just believing whatever you want unless you can validate the study design & quality.
and then again trusting that another person did analyse all those THOUSANDS of studies and then made a meta study and came to a conclusion ... just sounds like a joke. meta study is something a med school graduate does without understanding statistics at all.

Until then, I looked and could perform at a level WAY better than the great majority of women my age.
and until now, you ex-vegan and me pro-carnivore both are spending lots of time in a forum for the chronic sick instead of doing what young people our age should do.
though thats one thing i noticed, people who are on caloric restriction or on a mainly salad based diet seam to indeed look younger for longer. but all those people tend to have a general healthier lifestyle, more sports, ambitious people... and most of them break down in their 40s and 50s.

Anorexia = deathly skinny
not everyone is low weight. some fast... then they binge. its really complex it has sooo many facettes.
i am not saying you are anorexic.

Not being able to exercise is devastating. I'm guessing many people gain weight, esp if trying to get many nutrients from food bc you can't handle supplements.

What do you eat?
it doesnt matter. i have no choice, i eat the only thing i can eat to get through the day. i eat less calories than a 130kg person in a coma would require...

breakfast 1
- 100g bread a ~220 cal
- 1 banana a ~120 cal
- = **340 calories**

breakfast 2
- 100g bread a ~220 cal
- 1 slice of cheese a ~70 cal
- (or occasionally 2 slices of sausage a 100 cal)
- = **290 cal**

Lunch
- ~450 cal
- (that's as much as half a pizza) see *MiTa*
- according to the menu, the food often only has ~350cal
- no desserts, ice cream, deserts, etc.
- occasionally if there is not enough cal, there is a banana at 120 cal or a natural yoghurt at 100 cal
- = **450 calories**

Afternoon
- 100g bread a ~220 cal
- 1/2 slice of cheese a ~35 cal
- 1 banana a ~120cal
- occasionally (instead of bread, banana, cheese) there is a smaller second portion of lunch
- = **375 calories**

evening 1
- 1 wheat roll a ~200 cal
- 2 slices of cheese a ~140 cal
- occasionally instead of cheese also 3 slices of sausage a 150 cal
- occasionally instead of cheese, 2 eggs a 140 cal
- = **340 calories**

evening 2
- 1/2 roll a ~100 cal
- 1 slice of cheese a ~70 cal
- = **170 calories**

late piece
- 1/2 bun a 100cal
- 1 natural yoghurt a 100 cal
- = **200 calories**

Homemade energy drink
- **= 340cal**
--------------------------------------
*Total per day*; 340 + 290 + 450 + 375 + 340 + 170 + 200 ( + 340)
- = **2165 cal food** *(+ 340 cal goodies = 2505 cal total)*
--------------------
Daily ration (obsolete, needs revision because the kitchen no longer delivers the bread):
- ~500g Bread Mixed Rye Bread Vegan
- or according to Alnavit rice bread or Alnavit bread basket mix
- 1-2 wheat rolls
- 100g cheese (6 slices)
- or equivalent sausage
- or eggs accordingly
- 2 plain yoghurts
- 1-2 bananas
- plus lunch

Where do I find 10 mg of plain glucose? My guess is that would worsen reflux.
it can. it doesnt for me.
you can just put any unhealthy thing you find with lots of sugar or fat into your mouth. a mars chocolate bar or anything else. it really doesnt matter. it just shouldnt have potassium in it, to verify the hypothesis.

hey Judee, good point! i wish doctors had that in mind instead of mental.
i kinda have. in the beginning it just looked like that.
i did WGS sequencing which doesnt support this. also i did check the enzyme for other diseases of that kind which were negative.
i probably dont have it.

i discovered yesterday Aceruloplasminemia in my genetics. but the actual blood work do not support this finding, at least not to be of a critical case.

Last edited:

TinaT

Also I'm trying to figure out how to say this without being offensive. But if you are hugely overweight, and I'm at a healthy weight...I mean we have made very different decisions and it seems like yours haven't been ideal for your health.

TinaT

Also I'm 53. I was the picture of perfect health and strength until about one year ago. And I can still run 5 miles pretty well, and look physically fit. This is a big problem but I think I'm right about the cause. Most docs look at me and conclude: anxiety.

TinaT

It's a very known thing that vegans will break down if they don't take B12. My mistake was that I thought my liver stores could get me through when I stopped my supplement bc it was acidic (and having docs who didn't warn me before surgery that B12 would be depleted). Then I couldn't get enough vit C, required to absorb nonheme iron, bc of the acidity of vit C foods.

Whether I'll ever recover given the extreme deficiencies over the last 1.5 years ... Who knows.

linusbert

Also I'm trying to figure out how to say this without being offensive. But if you are hugely overweight, and I'm at a healthy weight...I mean we have made very different decisions and it seems like yours haven't been ideal for your health.
Tina you are on fire right now.
We went far astray and are derailing this thread. no one will answer if we have this long offtopic discussions.
many of us have problems to read long texts,

why dont you create a blog (this forum has "blogs" section) and we do this kind of banter there?