• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adrenal cortex

outdamnspot

I have a bottle of Thorne's adrenal cortex that I've been nervous about experimenting with. I was wondering if anyone here who was severe/supplement sensitive found they actually crashed from adrenal supplements, or were they at worst just not beneficial?

sb4

I'm pretty sure I have took that brand. I had to stop after a month or so because it was raising my blood pressure and also causing heart problems however I am very sensitive to these issues.

toyfoof

I'm moderate, not severe, but do tend to be sensitive to supplements. My doctor started me on this a few weeks ago (not Thorne brand, though) and so far, so good. I started with one per day in the mornings, and added one more each week until I was at 4 per day. He told me to watch out for racing heart and BP spikes, and to back off or stop if that happened. It didn't. I have noticed a slight decrease in fatigue symptoms.

He put me on it because my adrenals showed fatigue in one of those tests where you spit in a test tube throughout the day. I know there is some controversy over whether adrenal fatigue is a real thing, but it seems in my case that there is something to it.