• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adrenal burnout and treatment problems

Misfit Toy

This is getting more and more complicated. I think I may have mentioned I have a bug or virus really bad. 2 months now. Well, I am in bed so sick from whatever this thing is. This is causing my adrenals to crash. I have a fever and I can't think. My glands are killing me and this is not just good old CFS. I am going to go to the ER if this keeps up.

My lungs hurt. I can't breathe right due to the pain and phlegm. It's getting worse. I am scared. I just had a slew of testing to see what it is.

My massage therapist told me she had pneumonia in January. I had no idea. Is that what this is? I don't know. I slept 12 hours last night and yet feel like the grim reaper is standing over me. This is what is keeping my adrenals down.

Misfit Toy

And yes, I have become allergic to most foods over the years and I was told today I am missing a peptide for all of my food allergies. A test that was done in Germany...Europe. I need to have this peptide to stop reacting to foods. I don't know anymore.

z
With this avoided food reactions my adrenals are no longer overly active and stressed and I can finally tolerate hydrocortisol cream..

nanci

I had a bad experience with one brand of HC cream and want to forewarn about using it.> This one by Life Brand has several things in it but I figure it is the propylene glycol in it that made me alot worse. Propylene glycol is used in alot things.. skin care and food stuff.. ice cream being one. Propylene glycol is termed "natural"?? antifreeze !!!!

I was getting bad constipation, feeling very ill and worsening of my adrenals while on this brand of hydrocortisone cream. Now I have switched brands to a HC ointment with only petroleum in it , I am only feeling better. I plan on getting a prescription from my doctor.

When I take the dose of HC my fatigue/anxiety goes way down, and the pain that started again recently with the propylene glycol incidence , goes right away. I figure it must be my adrenals that are hurting>>???

I had had this pain for a long time and had assumed it was kidney related as I would get recurring ecoli bladder infections. This went away after a year of doing frequent dose chelation. So I am assuming detoxing of metals and chemicals ..like the propylene glycol helps the adrenals to recover..

Nanci

Misfit Toy

That is interesting Nanci because I am trying to chelate lead out of my body. I have had one UTI after another. And, my adrenals are shot. I wonder how you got rid of your lead??