• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adaptogens Against Fatigue in ME/CFS?

Hysterical Woman

Hi cfs since,

Good luck with whatever you decide. And let me know if you are able to come up with magic IV to take while you sleep!:Retro smile:

Take care,

HW

ramakentesh

I used rhodiola for a while, than i started developing some hypomania symptoms. Later i read somewhere that increasing dopamine if person is low in serotonine could trigger hypomania. And again sometime later i read somewhere that rhodiola was dopamine enhencer. And i am low in serotonin. So, rhodiola was not a right choice for me.Not all of you may be low in serotonin.

Hi Cindi - Rhodiola appears to be a MAO inhibator - that it is enhances levels of serotonin, dopamine and cerebral norepinephrine. Thus its actions are not exclusively related to increasing dopamine.

Best wishes,

AUM

Yes they help a lot! I just discovered an Adaptogen called Jiaogulan (Gynostemma) and it is really making a difference for me. Since that helped so much I have looked at the information on the Dragon Herbs site devoted to Tonic (Adaptogen) herbs mostly from China but others as well. I have done a lot of reading and consulted with one of their herbalists and have been taking the herbal combinations recommended and it is working so far. I will need a few more months to see if I can keep going without a relapse but so far, so good and I feel much stronger!

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Yes they help a lot! I just discovered an Adaptogen called Jiaogulan (Gynostemma) and it is really making a difference for me. Since that helped so much I have looked at the information on the Dragon Herbs site devoted to Tonic (Adaptogen) herbs mostly from China but others as well. I have done a lot of reading and consulted with one of their herbalists and have been taking the herbal combinations recommended and it is working so far. I will need a few more months to see if I can keep going without a relapse but so far, so good and I feel much stronger!

I bought a very expensive Dragon Herbs sexual tonic called TomKat and it had less effect that the 12 times cheaper NOW maca lol what a rip off.

Researchers believe that the main reason for this general benefit is that it contains two very important antioxidants – glutathione and superoxide dismutase.

Jiaogulan is able to boost the body’s immune system because of its ability to regulate the production of Nitric Oxide.

That's why it must work for PEM at least due to these effects.