• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ACE Defect and ACE Inhibitor for Blood Pressure?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Hi,

I have hypertension, which developed while I had ME (it was sky-high) and started taking an ACE inhibitor years ago when attempts to reduce bp naturally failed. I have been fine with it (perindopril) apart from slight dizziness when I started, which is common and is why my gp had me take it at bedtime at first, then as the dizziness stopped (within days, I think) I switched to taking it in the morning.

I have the ACE deletion, which I refer to here.

I'm looking into bp again as today I started feeling dizzy (I was sitting down after my usual light lunch) and found that my pulse pressure was insanely high - bp 153/69 at first, then systolic increased and diastolic decreased until it was 155/67!

Other people here report having very low pulse pressure. I hope I'm not the only one with the opposite!

I noticed that my lower abdomen felt tight (similar to trapped wind) so have been looking into whether the weird blood pressure could be caused by the vagus nerve. It seems very possible.

I hate resorting to a drug without any investigations as to the cause of something. I'd rather get to the root of the problem!

Good luck anyway.

Just want to warn people that I am probably NOT OK with perindopril after all, as discussed in this thread.

undcvr

I've been using hawthorn and celery seed for BP and ACEi and heart tonic. They are quite nice as a combo.