• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A request re: Andrea Whittemore

JayS

I saw a request posted on Facebook about Andrea Whittemore. Andrea is reportedly taking a break from advocacy, and the request is that people refrain from contacting her for the time being.

Andrea accepted my friend request on Facebook but I've never really had any contact with her. I thought it might be a good idea to relay the request here, though.

Good idea to post here. Hopefully it is not because she has decreased energy or other problems lately? Maybe she is out with friends and not wanting to be on the computer so much :)

Daffodil

maybe people are really buggiing her about what treatment she is on?

just a guess

C

Cloud

I disabled my FB account at the start of summer because it just became so overly consuming that I wasn't able to keep up with it, and do anything else. Andrea is tremendously more involved in networking and advocacy on FB, so I can only imagine that it became very consuming for her. Anyone would need a break from that.

gregf

Facebook sucks you in to spending a lot of time and energy on it.

Twitter is far better for ME folk. We use the has tag of #MECFS.