• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Petition to Request that the UK Government to find research into the association between Micro clots ME and Long Covid (UK only)

Countrygirl

A petition has been started to request the UK government to fund research into the relationship between micro-clots, Long COvid and ME.

Please do all you can to spread the word: ask all your friends, family, colleagues and contacts to sign it, and ask them to ask all their contacts to sign it - anyone who has a UK post code can do so.

Write to your MP, telling them you have signed it, and ask if they will be signing it too.

If you know any journalists, influencers, or public figures of any kind, please ask them to sign it.

Post it wherever you have a presence: on Facebook, instagram, twitter, Linked In, etc.

Shout or sing it from your rooftops! Even hire a local town crier, if you can! "Oyez, Oyez!!!"

Let's get this snowball rolling.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/605679...

Petition

Fund research into any relationship between microclots and long Covid and ME
The Government should fund urgent research into the possible relationship between vascular dysfunction like microclots and platelet hyperactivation and both long Covid and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, This could help develop diagnosis and treatment protocols for people suffering from these conditions.

More details
ONS statistics estimate 1.3 million UK residents of ALL ages have self-reported long COVID, with 20% saying this had limited their ability to undertake day-to-day activities a lot. NHS Inform estimates around 250,000 suffer from ME.

Failing to identify and treat any root causes of these conditions will lead to further costs for support, lost productivity and social wellbeing.

Much UK effort has focused on symptom support: we urge the UK Government to fund research to identify and find treatments for any physiological issues that may contribute to long Covid and ME.

Sign this petition