• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A New Era in ME/CFS Research May 24 2010 - amazing line-up of researchers!

leelaplay

This was posted somewhere (I think), but I've searched for over 15 minutes and can't find it so will repost as the speakers are so amazing.

The 5th Invest in ME International ME/CFS Conference 2010: A New Era in ME/CFS Research

The line-up for this conference is all-star: Dr. Mikovits, Dr. Kerr, Dr. Cheney, Dr. Huber, Dr. Chia, Dr. Klimas, Dr. Chapman,Dr. Hooper.

I hope they'll webcast it or make it accessible on-line somehow. Enquiries might help this happen.:Retro wink:
info@investinme.org

leelaplay

European ME Alliance invites health ministers + CMEs to the May 24 Invest in ME Conf

European ME Alliance posted this to co-cure today

European ME Alliance Invitation to Health Ministers and Chief Medical Officers

The European ME Alliance (EMEA) is a grouping of European organisations that are involved in supporting patients suffering from myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME or ME/CFS) and campaigning for funding for biomedical research to provide treatments and cures for ME.

EMEA will be meeting in London during the 5th Invest in ME International ME/FS Conference in London on 24th May.

EMEA has formally invited health ministers and chief medical officers, or equivalents, from Europe to attend a special meeting, to be held on the Sunday prior to the conference, on 23rd May in London. We hope to have presenters at the conference also present.

This will be a unique opportunity for Europe's medical officers to discuss the latest research into an illness that affects many millions of Europeans during the ME Awareness Month of May.

Attending the conference will be leading experts presenting the latest biomedical research into ME/CFS and information valuable to healthcare professionals in diagnosing and treating ME/CFS.

EMEA will organise this event in order that we can jointly discuss a future European strategy toward ME/CFS based on good science and biomedical research.

Invest in ME have offered to supply seats at the conference on 24th May to all Europe's ministers/chief medical officers.

More http://www.euro-me.org/news-Q42010-003.htm

European ME Alliance www.euro-me.org info@euro-me.org

Anika

And don't forget Dr. Jason! He's probably done more to show the flaws in the CDC's "empiric" definition research than anyone. Among many other things.

Wish I could be there!

leelaplay

I'm going, anyone else?

I'm so jealous V9

Annika said:
And don't forget Dr. Jason! He's probably done more to show the flaws in the CDC's "empiric" definition research than anyone. Among many other things.

And Jason too. Oh it's going to be wonderful

I hope someone can create a way for it to be broadcast live - or at least posted for free public access after. Anyone know someone at BBC, or Prohealth, a wealthy friend, a philanthropic company, or anyone else who could approach Invest in ME and offer to fund and coordinate the broadcast?

oerganix

I'm so jealous V9

And Jason too. Oh it's going to be wonderful

I hope someone can create a way for it to be broadcast live - or at least posted for free public access after. Anyone know someone at BBC, or Prohealth, a wealthy friend, a philanthropic company, or anyone else who could approach Invest in ME and offer to fund and coordinate the broadcast?

Great idea. Time for you in UK to bug the BBC or the government to provide a CFSAAC-type broadcast and/or recording for the public. The idea that got CFSAAC to do it was that those with ME/CFS can't travel and participate like other patients can.