• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

85% recovered

Nanni

I’ve tried many different probiotics and not sure about any of them. I’m relying more on organic goat yogurt now. That seems more reliable. It’s tricky. I have to find a balance with gut health and the anti microbials. There’s a lot to know like incorporating prebiotics. I have many dietary limitations because of my gastroparesis otherwise I’d eat a healthy salad every day. I’m learning the key is a healthy microbiome. That’s my new focus.

I haven’t realized until recently just how much I’m affected by my stomach stuff. You think you have learned something just to find it sneak up on you from behind. The gut being our second brain is so true. Recovery is not a straight trajectory but every experience contains valuable information.

Also the most effective prebiotics are fermented foods which I’m not a fan except yogurt and miso soup which I make from organic miso paste, I recently found out pickles qualify if you get the kind without vinegar and sugar added. Amazon has a bunch. I’m not a kombucha lover but it’s a good one that can bring on detoxing so drink just a little at first. Let me know if you find a good probiotic. I may start making kefir. Btw only kefir made with raw milk qualities.

Booble

I found the 16/8 pattern of intermittent fasting has been pretty easy on my blood sugar. I don’t eat past 6 PM . I drink electrolytes in the morning and delay breakfast till 10:00. Even a few sips on a shake wouldn’t hurt. It’s about letting your system have a break so a protein drink won’t be a problem. And if you want to lose weight boy it’s pretty amazing. I didn’t care about that and haven’t been eating differently and I’ve lost twenty pounds. Now that I’m getting my gut under control I’m feeling really good.

Glad it's working for you!