• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

7 hours remission after subc heparin

jstefl

It has been 10 years now, so my memory may be a bit foggy, but I self injected heparin after suffering a pulmonary embolism. As I recall I had to self inject multiple times a day for at least two weeks.

I noticed no changes to my ME/CFS during this time. My blood was quite thick and I have been on warfarin ever since. I get tested on a regular basis to make certain that my blood is in the proper range. I find that it is very easily pushed out of the proper range and that there are foods that I must be very careful with, as they can affect the blood.

The warfarin dosage is quite critical, as little as 1 mg a week can make a difference. I take about 40 mg a week, but that can change with the test results. I would be very careful with Heparin self injections without a doctors supervision. A simple blood test can tell you how thick your blood is. If it is too thick, treatments are available. My pulmonary embolism was one of the most painful events in my life. If you suspect that your blood is too thick I strongly suggest you get to a doctor as soon as possible.

John

Back