• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

5 steps to kill hidden bugs in your gut ...

Mark

An interesting article, but I don't think this protocol sounds viable for me...

"1. Eat a fiber-rich, whole foods diet..."

...followed by a list of high-fiber foods, any one of which (except some fruits) gives me painful stomach cramps, churns up my guts, and triggers relapse...

Avoiding anti-inflammatories is pretty unimaginable too...and probably not a good idea if you have XMRV which thrives on the chronic inflammation in ME/CFS.

I expect it's good advice for the general population, but for me the above details just highlight how often it's the case that what constitutes generally good advice for the general population is a very bad idea - or even impossible - for us.

Enid

How good to see the "ascendancy" gut problems coming to the fore now since we all seem to suffer. Bowel problems were and are of no importance here - just temporary upset which will right.

xchocoholic

Another sibo enthusiast .. I like his enthusiasm, but wonder how realistic this is.

I found a thread on www.celiac.com about sibo / rifamaxin (sp?) but that person has to re-treat regularly.

I've been eating most of the foods he recommends for several years now and I.ve been on probiotics for several years too but I stil have digestive issues. Mostly gas and chronic constipation.

Granted, I'm a celiac who had damage after 17 months on the gf diet too so my digestive tract has damage that may not heal.

I read on his website that he tests for which bugs his patients have and treats those.

I wonder what he's finding in his ME/CFS patients .. Tc... X