• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

4th July - This Week in Virology, Podcast- Review recent findings on XMRV & ME/CFS

VillageLife

http://www.virology.ws/

Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Alan Dove

On episode #89 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent and Alan review recent findings on the association of the retrovirus XMRV with ME/CFS, reassortment of 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in swine, and where influenza viruses travel in the off-season.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
The part on CFS and XMRV starts about 8 minutes in and goes for about a half hour. Good, if incomplete information. Great comments on the web page (at least the first two that I read).

VillageLife

He mentions at the end, The PNSA paper (The Alter study)

He says: "We're see what the PNSA paper looks like, if it comes out this week, we're talk about it next week and apparently that is a positive study, we're see what they looked at, what patient samples and how they did the assays."

V99

I think these guy are speculating, I'm sure they have no idea when the paper will be out. There was a quote about further testing taking a weeks. I wouldn't put your hopes on this being out soon. I'm going with two months, as a guess, and hopefully it will be much sooner.:sofa:

thegodofpleasure

Player in a Greek Tragedy
I think these guy are speculating, I'm sure they have no idea when the paper will be out. There was a quote about further testing taking a weeks. I wouldn't put your hopes on this being out soon. I'm going with two months, as a guess, and hopefully it will be much sooner.:sofa:

I agree with you V99.
2 months sounds about right - to do more tests and evaluate the outcome of those tests.
I just wish it was sooner though.

TGOP