• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2 seminars in Sweden on ME in October

Kalliope

The Swedish patient organisation Riksföreningen för ME-patienter (RME) is arranging two seminars on ME in October in Umeå and Stockholm.

The seminar in Umeå will be held October 19th.
Programme
Symptoms and diagnostics - by Per Julin from the ME-ward Stora Sköndal
Summary of the IOM Report, and the relationship to diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS - by Lucinda Bateman, MD, Bateman Horne Center
Rituximab for ME/CFS: revealing immunological cues to underlying disease mechanisms - by Geraldine Cambridge, PhD, Dep. Medicine, University College, London
Neuroradiological studies on ME/CFS - by Per Julin from Stora Sköndal
On activity and participation on ME-patients, possible non-medical steps - by therapist Ewa Wadhagen-Wedlund from Stora Sköndal

This seminar will be available for streaming

The seminar in Stockholm will be at Oct. 20th
Programme
Summary of the IOM Report, and the relationship to diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS - by Lucinda Bateman, MD, Bateman Horne Center
The RituxME and CycloME studies - ongoing clinical research in the ME/CFS research group - by Øystein Fluge, MD, Dep. Oncology and Medical Physics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Neuroradiological studies on ME/CFS - by Per Julin from Stora Sköndal
On activity and participation on ME-patients, possible non-medical steps - by therapist Ewa Wadhagen-Wedlund from Stora Sköndal

Both seminars are aimed towards health care workers, politicians and media.

Well done, RME!

aimossy

I love that RME put their last one on youtube! Massive thanks for this.

Last edited: