• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

13th week of Valcyte

undcvr

So ironic, so it comes back to step one: the liver. I have been trying to

1. Slow dwn phase 1 detox, speed up phase 2
2. Make liver produce more bile and make sure it goes out
3. Support liver in general with high dose B vites.

undcvr

There IS a cure for this disease. It starts with the liver. I have been running about 3 miles a day a few times a week. As long as you keep your supplement intake for the liver moderate to high you can function well.

undcvr

I haven't posted on this thread for awhile since I have been off the Valcyte for over a year now and was on it for 2 years before I stopped. I am doing fine and it's actually quite a minor miracle to be doing well and working through the nyc winter.
If there is anything I wud have done differently while on the Valcyte was that I shud not hv been so complacent and just taking the Valcyte without my other health supplements. I would have used the chance to boost the pace of my detox. I am doing it now (detox). It is all I am doing and all that is keeping me going. Valcyte IS NOT the answer even to those that are benefiting from it. CFS IS NOT an immune issue. It is a weak liver that gets easily overstressed and shut's down it's ability to detox at any shock.

The sub group of pple with my CFS should have the following symptoms:

- cannot sweat easily
- pale stools (no bile in it)
- low body core temperature (about a degree Faren lower than 98.6 on average)

These are the 3 main symptoms I have come up with for CFS with liver detox issues.

If any of you are on Valcyte now and are improving don't rest for a minute. Go into a detox regimen asap. The issue is have the liver Make More Bile. Once you can do that the rest of things will take care of itself over time.

viggster

Hi @undcvr - I really appreciate you posting your healing journey on PR. It really helps for those of us just starting out. I'm wondering how you're doing on your liver detox program. Hope you're still experiencing good health. And, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Just curious. I'm in my early 40's and have been sick for 18 months.

aquariusgirl

I think a a big heavy metals load will screw up your liver pretty good too...I had a congested liver until I figured out I was very zinc deficient.