• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

100 tick bites. Would you ignore it?

Rufous McKinney

Ive seen Dr Klemann in Germany which is supposed to be top 3 LLMDs in Europe and he said I had Lyme and co infections.

Well, maybe you should go for the treatment, then.

(I have zero aversions to ticks- I owned dogs ....You remove the tick. I have a phD in: Tick Removal. (counter clockwise, twist, I never lose the head). So then they are all over you.

A bit complex- our western fence lizard is an alternative host and the spirochete is killed in the ticks if they fedd on western fence lizards.

We have a bit lower rate of it here, as a result. (this lizard is also missing from Seattle Washington, so No, it won't like Norway).

But the story is complicated...

https://news.berkeley.edu/2011/02/15/ticks-lizard-lyme-disease/

ChookityPop

Well, maybe you should go for the treatment, then.

(I have zero aversions to ticks- I owned dogs ....You remove the tick. I have a phD in: Tick Removal. (counter clockwise, twist, I never lose the head). So then they are all over you.

A bit complex- our western fence lizard is an alternative host and the spirochete is killed in the ticks if they fedd on western fence lizards.

We have a bit lower rate of it here, as a result. (this lizard is also missing from Seattle Washington, so No, it won't like Norway).

But the story is complicated...

https://news.berkeley.edu/2011/02/15/ticks-lizard-lyme-disease/
Fascinating! I will have a look at it.

Ha, same here. Removing ticks counter clockwise, twist, and never lose the head and burn them til they pop.

Its wild that its possible to have negative tests and still have an ongoing infection.

Learner1

Valcyte. I'd tried other things, both alternative and pharmaceutical, but nothing helped until I used it. I started it, then hit support for my immunodeficiency, and then worked on my other infections.

You might look into 10 pass ozone. There are German made machines sold into the US for it, so I assume it's available somewhere in Germany, and I know it's available in Austria.

If you're near Berlin, you might see if you can go to Charite to have your immune function looked over.

bread.

@ChookityPop The whole Lyme thing is not full of quackery. Lyme is a very persistent illness and can destroy people's lives.

Given the scenario you presented, it seems likely that you may have been exposed to Lyme. If that is the case, finding a knowledgeable practitioner experienced in treating it would be an appropriate next step. Though there are a few here with a history of Lyme, you might find more experience and recommendations on a Lyme forum.

As for mycoplasma, I had it with chlamydia pneumoniae. Though I took both azithromycin and rifampin orally, they weren't enough, not were botanicals, UVBI, high dose vitamin C or HBOT. Eventually, I was put on 4 months of IV azithromycin, rifampin and doxycycline 3 days a week, which was successful in riffing me of them, but at a cost to microbiome health.

These are difficult infections. Getting knowledgeable expertise is essential.

Hi

have to keep myself short as I am very severe.

I have titres for cpn (igg+iga), if you find the time, I would be VERY grateful if you could please put anything you know about its relation to me/cfs, how you got treated for it and how you were before and after treatment (in severity) into one post? Also is there a relation of how you felt to the titres? Did they go down?

Thank you.

ChookityPop

No worries. I just cringe at the use of quack. I've seen a lot of treatments that have been very beneficial with good scientific evidence bashed as quackery. I do understand the controversies of Lyme.

Please understand that I only had the chlamydia and mycoplasma on top of five viral infections which were also treated. Treating the mycoplasma and chlamydia came after treating the herpes family infections, and so the improvements I got over that period of time of treating all of it were pretty good. By the end of it, cognitive function had improved and physical function improved.

I have been treated in clinics with chronic Lyme patients, and my daughter has had Lyme. It is a tricky disease, and it's not just whichever version of the borelia the beast you have, but most people have one or more of the co-infections, which really seem to complicate things.

So, getting an accurate diagnosis of which infections you're dealing with would be really useful, as from what I understand, the treatment varies depending on which combination you have. It is also useful to get a thorough immune system work up, because of your immune system isn't working, it will be an uphill battle. My immune system was incompetent, so my doctor also got me onto IVIG which greatly helped treat the infections.

Then, you have to look at what's depleted by the infections, particularly becoming hypoxic, depletion of B vitamins, antioxidants, and lipid membranes.

I've also heard good things about dapsone. It might be worthwhile to learn about how Richard Horowitz and other top Lyme doctors treat patients. There do seem to be a lot of charlatans out there, and a lot of people have done things that are counterproductive before being able to find a path that successful, and unfortunately, some never do.
Can I ask what which herpes family viruses you treated and with what antivirals?

OK I would like to talk about the issue too. It all started with prostatitis 8 years ago. then after I got covid I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy two years ago.

up To day I have seen benefits of antibiotics for prostatitis however many different types of them. my prostatitis cultures came with staph spp lately and a blood culture little over the limits of cpn Igg.

I have seen help from a range of antibiotics cefixime, cipro, doxy, azithromycin and even fusidic acid . I got confused. lately I have seen benefits of steroids for small fiber neuropathy.
my condition is severe too.

so if you have someone knowledgeable ( I unfortunately do not have, living in a 3rd world country) about these issues besides you a doctor a clinic anything then go for it till the end one year or two year. experiment with yourself if you will see any benefits or progression. weigh benefits and harms that you are gonna get. however in other forums people destroyed their gut when treating cpn and others.

I will leave you an old link a story of a man in another forum related to cpn came with prostatitis and reactive arthritis experimented on himself and got better with parasites drug along with other supplements. to remind you he had experimented with a variety of antibiotics before this too for 6 weeks long periods.
http://cpnhelp.org/big_improvement

finally I want to remind you I am not a health professional this is just a suggestion based from my own experiences. if someone gives me antibiotics related to cpn for that long I will definitely try.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2907099/