• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

100% Convinced my CFS/Fibro is Mycoplasma infection based

prioris

manuka honey is a weak antibiotic internally. it is meant more for skin infections. that is what studies say. it is why i don't include it on my list above.

it generates hydrogen peroxide in body, i think that is what happens when high enough serum vitamin c level are reached ... why liposomal or intravenous is more effective

invisiblejungle

@Sidny
yeah i read all that and it's horrible. Not much I can do really, and as many times as I wanted to already end my life instead of being in pain and to tired to live, I've at least found some health and hope and its all I can do to go forward and continue to fight. When it is time to go, honestly it will be with a smile and without looking back after the B.S. I've gone through now for almost 20 years

I'm rooting for you man! Wishing you the best and looking forward to your updates.

I'm rooting for you man! Wishing you the best and looking forward to your updates.
Thanks alot. I'm still on the protocol and starting month 3 and miraculously all my usual daily ear aches, neck/jaw lymph node pain is completely absent. I still have tiredness towards the end of the day, but still a complete 180 degree turn around and will be soon attempting to find something part time if this keeps up.

@beatsmyth --do you have any updates for us? I know you were embarked on this protocol four plus years back, so it would be great to hear how it worked out for you.
Doing great, once the mycoplasma was addressed with 1 year of low dose antibiotics and Iodoral (potassium iodide) most issues are gone. I still use the Iodoral daily, its a 12.5 mg I break in half and its a top 5 supplement for me. Additionally I solved my own stomach issues and my sisters as well, using LL-37 Peptide and that has given us both permanent gut healing. I use peptides 2-3 times a week now for maintenance, mostly BPC-157 and GDF-11 twice a week along with B-Complex shots. I take low dose Metformin which heals the holes in the nerve coverings (myelin sheath) and found this is also helped another user here as well, and then found a study that shows it does indeed heal the Myelin. Mycoplasma attaches to the nerve coverings and then the immune system attacks the Myelin, so now this is addressed and also I stay away from all Gluten as well which caused massive painful flare ups of pain and tiredness.

Also additionally I have been doing 5 days on, 2 days off, Methylene blue, very low dose like half a milligram eye balled. And Hydrogen gas infused water has also been miraculous for me as well. I purchased off aliexpress a small $70 unit, but those big expensive machines, the Kangen water, just work better and pack a bigger punch, one day I will have one.

Another user on longecity forum, supplements section, has a gas tank that is filled with pure hydrogen gas, and he breathes it daily. Fills a silver birthday balloon with it, and breathes it in and it gives him also similar health benefits.

So as of right now, as long as I do all my supplements religiously, I am about 80-85% back to normal health. And if I stop my regimen of supps, then there is a marked decline back down. I am working full time and happy I figured all this out.

Additionally, I found a very little know chem that is actually banned in the U.S. as a supplement, and take this daily as a low dose as well, 1.5 mg and it has given me tremendous nootropic like effects and brain function back, however I am still testing it long term, and have given it to various family members as well to try and they all have gotten benefits from it. I will write a report and make a post on this here in the community later this year after a few more months of use, and hopefully get some blood work and cognitive testing done to share here.

Violeta

Borax is supposed to be good for dealing with mycoplasma. I have started taking it a couple of times but never stuck with it. I think I will try it again.

I don't know why/how it works. I have to see if I can find what it does.

Borax is supposed to be good for dealing with mycoplasma. I have started taking it a couple of times but never stuck with it. I think I will try it again.

I don't know why/how it works. I have to see if I can find what it does.
I did low dose borax, a tried a few times, but it made me wayyyyyyyyy too wired, I felt like I drank 20 coffees. Even at very low doses it was hard on me so I stopped.

Violeta

I did low dose borax, a tried a few times, but it made me wayyyyyyyyy too wired, I felt like I drank 20 coffees. Even at very low doses it was hard on me so I stopped.
I have been thinking about this and the first thing that came to mind is that B2 is associated with feeling wired. So I looked up boron plus riboflavin and found this.

Additionally, high boron intake has been observed to deplete riboflavin levels, so it is important that its status be maintained through co-supplementation.

You weren't taking a high dose, but maybe it was enough to deplete B2.

Jyoti

Doing great, once the mycoplasma was addressed with 1 year of low dose antibiotics and Iodoral (potassium iodide) most issues are gone.
This is great. I know you are only at 80-85% but that sounds almost like freedom from where I sit. I have really high IgG for mycoplasma and chlamydia pneumoniae so am trying to put together a protocol that works in the right order. It sounds like you have a complex one, but one that keeps you functional and pretty well. Which is awesome.

If you don't mind, I'd love to know exactly what the low-dose antibiotic regimen was.

Thanks!

This is great. I know you are only at 80-85% but that sounds almost like freedom from where I sit. I have really high IgG for mycoplasma and chlamydia pneumoniae so am trying to put together a protocol that works in the right order. It sounds like you have a complex one, but one that keeps you functional and pretty well. Which is awesome.

If you don't mind, I'd love to know exactly what the low-dose antibiotic regimen was.

Thanks!
I found out about the Mycoplasma 1 year Abx dosage through a Doctor in Michigan, Doctor Brownstein, who treats people with CFS/Fibro by doing various specific tests to look for odd things like Mycoplasma. Fortunately, before I found out about Brownstein, an Immunologist tested me for the Mycoplasma, Lymes, allergies, and various other things and the titers came back really high for mycoplasma.

Brownstein does the 1 year low dose Abx therapy of 2 different kinds of Abx, forgot off hand which ones they were, this was many years ago mind you, and then along with that you are also supplementing with Iodoral which for me, was like a light switch turned on, its such a key supplement for me, I will never be without it.

Jyoti

All so interesting. Brownstein sounds like an unusual hybrid of an MD. He certainly seems to consort with some people who are pretty far out there in terms of virology, but your testimonial is persuasive.

Thanks for sharing all this information and best wishes -- I hope the good times are permanent.

All so interesting. Brownstein sounds like an unusual hybrid of an MD. He certainly seems to consort with some people who are pretty far out there in terms of virology, but your testimonial is persuasive.

Thanks for sharing all this information and best wishes -- I hope the good times are permanent.
Additional info is that I never did go to see Brownstein, I only talked to his office and found out his protocol for mycoplasma. At the time, I could not afford to see him out of pocket when I was unemployed and bed ridden, and the lack of energy would have made it impossible to travel 2 states away to see him. I found his protocol by contacting the office and ordered the Abx and Iodoral myself and did a DIY 1 year protocol based on what he tells patients to do, and it was a miraculous recovery for me. All my swollen lymph nodes, skin issues, tiredness, etc all went away

consuegra

Hi,

Is there a good lab that does accurate mycoplasma testing? Years ago I used MDlabs, Redlabs and Infecto Lab.

Regards,
Chris

Jyoti

Hi Chris,
I am not a connoisseur of bacterial testing, and I don't know where you are located, but..... I had IgG and IgM for chlamydia pneumoniae done by Arup (sent out from another lab to Mayo) and then later, a second time, by Labcorp, and while they use different values, got essentially the same results. I had mycoplasma done by Labcorp---again IgG and IgM--and there certainly was no doubt about the need to flag the results.

I have not yet been able to get IgA or a PCR test for either. My understanding is that the PCR is very helpful when trying to get the attention of a physician. Labcorp will process a PCR but will not do the swab so you have to engage another healthcare provider to collect the specimen.

Is there a particular issue about which you are concerned?