• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

10-Pass/Hyperbaric Ozone

Swim15

I think I brought this up once a while back last year. I have been seeing a physician (one of many I am currently seeing lol) that completely treated one case of ME/CFS and figured I would at least detail that here since I hadn't actually heard of any cases first hand as its a hard piece of equipment to find.

I don't know all the case details but the patient fit all ME/CFS criteria (the guess was post viral ME/CFS I believe) and was bed bound/house bound. He was treated with 10-pass twice weekly alongside Vitamin C IV's and after 3 months he had no symptoms remaining. This was almost a year ago and hasn't had any relapse of symptoms since according to my Doc.

I just bought a machine and will be using it 2-3x weekly alongside my other treatments over the next 6 months or so. I doubt there would be feasible interest here, and the main issue would be traveling most likely, but I am not above allowing access to other people if a group could get together to make things cost effective.

I'll update with my experiences after a month or so of treatment and see how things go.

Wayne

Hi @Swim15 -- I've become quite familiar with various kinds of ozone therapies the past few years, and at this time anticipate investing in some home ozone equipment in the relatively near future. Though I've learned a fair amount, I'd never heard of 10-pass sessions. I just found a book online that gave me some insights into what might be involved, and found the following. I'll be following your progress with interest! :thumbsup:

BTW, I just read today in Dr. Frank Schallenberger's newsletter that he's very successfully treating COVID patients with ozone and IV Vitamin C. Ozone therapies have been his specialty for the past 20+ years or so.

Ozone Therapy: 10 Pass Ozone- The ULTIMATE Ozone Therapy Kindle Edition

Ever since the late 80’s when thanks to ozone, I recovered from Lyme disease I have been a strong proponent of ozone therapies. I truly believe, and experience has shown me to be correct many times that mega doses of ozone have the power to stop the progression and eradicate many if not all chronic illnesses including Lyme disease shingles, herpes, hepatitis Multiple Sclerosis Rheumatoid Arthritis and even some cancers.​

The problem until now has been convincing people to carry-on having costly daily treatments when they do not see an immediate benefit. Often a client will give up after 5 or 10 treatments if the advantage is not apparent and who can blame them?​

Ten pass ozone has revolutionised ozone therapies because clients are in most cases achieving immediate pain relief and attaining an abundance of energy with their first session. As one session of ten pass ozone equates to thirty sessions of previous ozone IV, this is not surprising.​

With just one session, thick dark sticky blood changes to a bright red oxygenated blood and you FEEL the difference. You feel alive and ENERGISED with a sense of well-being.​

One of my clients with painful shingles was pain free after just two sessions while another with painful RA which stopped her going downstairs without aid was able to go down on her own after one session and a stage IV cancer client was able to walk without his cane after just one session.​

Recently, Pleurisy which I often suffer from in flu season threatened to put me on my back, but just two ten passes close together eliminated the attack and I did not have to have the usual course of anti-biotics or lose a days work.​
OZONE bought me back from the depths of pain and despair and gave me back my life. It can do the same for you. If you are suffering with chronic pain or health problems that conventional medicine is not able to reverse, try this AMAZING life renewing therapy NOW. I GUARANTEE you too will be amazed as I was.​

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Swim15 - I'll be very interested to see how you do too! My doctor's office has recently started offering something called "O3D Infusion/Ozone Dialysis" - from his website:
An O3D Infusion has your entire blood bathed with a continuous flow of ozone in one single hour-long session while simultaneously having your blood filtered (dialyzed) of unwanted inflammatory proteins. While ozone therapy can come in many forms, this O3D Infusion, via its dual ozonation and filtration process, is the most therapeutic.

I had one regular ozone IV infusion several months ago combined with a glutathione "push" - I got extra tired that day and then crashed the next (it was a 90 minute drive each way) and then felt a bit crappy for 3 days, quite likely from the glutathione. And that was it.

I know the ozone "dialysis" would be entirely different but the thought having it done is a bit scary. However, I'm very curious to see what would happen just having one's blood filtered - dialyzed - of inflammatory proteins.

This office actually takes Medicare (!), they're a hybrid type of office with a surcharge I pay but it's affordable because Medicare does pay a good percentage of their fees. Their charge is $700 for the "dialysis" but they said that Medicare would probably pay for $300 of that and I'd have to pay $400 for supplies. I know it's very reasonable compared to many other places.

Do you have any thoughts or knowledge about ozone dialysis? or how it might compare to the 10-pass therapy you'll be doing?

Learner1

@Swim15 - I'll be very interested to see how you do too! My doctor's office has recently started offering something called "O3D Infusion/Ozone Dialysis" - from his website:

I had one regular ozone IV infusion several months ago combined with a glutathione "push" - I got extra tired that day and then crashed the next (it was a 90 minute drive each way) and then felt a bit crappy for 3 days, quite likely from the glutathione. And that was it.

I know the ozone "dialysis" would be entirely different but the thought having it done is a bit scary. However, I'm very curious to see what would happen just having one's blood filtered - dialyzed - of inflammatory proteins.

This office actually takes Medicare (!), they're a hybrid type of office with a surcharge I pay but it's affordable because Medicare does pay a good percentage of their fees. Their charge is $700 for the "dialysis" but they said that Medicare would probably pay for $300 of that and I'd have to pay $400 for supplies. I know it's very reasonable compared to many other places.

Do you have any thoughts or knowledge about ozone dialysis? or how it might compare to the 10-pass therapy you'll be doing?
I would be EXTREMELY careful to ensure sterile procedures are used and that everything is clean (or better yet, new). Any time you interact with your bloodstream, there is a risk of serious infection (and death). There are some cavalier practitioners out there who prey in the desperate, and there have been occasional deaths.

I'm not saying don't do it as I have had multiple ozone treatments by skilled practitioners, but I have also heard a few stories over the years that would make your hair curl...

As far as filtering blood, plasmapharesis/apharesis and kidney dialysis are modalities in use by conventional doctors, with the plasmapharesis/apharesis having some applicability in ME/CFS.

I just bought a machine and will be using it 2-3x weekly alongside my other treatments over the next 6 months or so. I doubt there would be feasible interest here, and the main issue would be traveling most likely, but I am not above allowing access to other people if a group could get together to make things cost effective
I've been a patient in 2 clinics which did 10 pass ozone. How do you do this on yourself? Will you be starting your own IV? And will you be using heparin or vitamin C between passes? My doctors were hesitant to use it on me due to my hypercoagulation issues - they worried about jamming up the machine, do I did UVBI, minor ozone, and HBOT, which didn't kill any of my infections but I think it was beneficial in the long run. I did talk to someone who had done 10 pass for Lyme after many other Lyme treatments, and found it to be the most effective thing he had used, but he learned that he had to keep doing it over time to retain the benefits.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I would be EXTREMELY careful to ensure sterile procedures are used and that everything is clean (or better yet, new). Any time you interact with your bloodstream, there is a risk of serious infection (and death). There are some cavalier practitioners out there who prey in the desperate, and there have been occasional deaths.
They're professional, not cavalier and it's a well-run office. They are D.O.s, I'd call them functional medicine doctors - very knowledgeable about health in general. One of the doctors takes Medicare - for an hour appointment with her I pay $150 surcharge, which I know is peanuts and they take Medicare for the rest of the charge. I pay a $75 surcharge for a 30-minute appointment. So nothing is rushed, they are thorough. The other doctor doesn't take Medicare and charges concierge prices. So it's a mixture.

Anyways, the thought of bathing my blood in ozone is a little scary to me, but you've had numerous ozone treatments without complications apparently - What has been your general reaction to ozone?

As far as filtering blood, plasmapharesis/apharesis and kidney dialysis are modalities in use by conventional doctors, with the plasmapharesis/apharesis having some applicability in ME/CFS.
Right - I've been reading about the HELP apharesis being done in Germany with Long Covid patients and some ME/CFS patients, so I'm very curious to see what having my blood filtered like that would do, and would it be apparent if I did have "sticky" blood - would I clog the machine like Dr. Khan?

I'm trying to decide whether to do the ozone dialysis, or see if I can just get the dialysis alone done without the ozone . . .

Swim15

I haven’t heard anything about the dialysis so I can’t comment on how comparable it would be.

As far as my treatments I’ll have a nurse coming to my home to do them and, yes, you have to use heparin. I’ll be putting in 1000 units per pass. I don’t plan on using vitamin C or other nutrients really but I may. Ive got everything to compound them so I may do some vitamin C or glutathione pushes. I also like SAMe a lot

Learner1

They're professional, not cavalier and it's a well-run office. They are D.O.s, I'd call them functional medicine doctors - very knowledgeable about health in general. One of the doctors takes Medicare - for an hour appointment with her I pay $150 surcharge, which I know is peanuts and they take Medicare for the rest of the charge. I pay a $75 surcharge for a 30-minute appointment. So nothing is rushed, they are thorough. The other doctor doesn't take Medicare and charges concierge prices. So it's a mixture.
I wasn't saying you were seeing cavalier doctors, I'm glad you are seeing people you trust. There are, however a lot of charlatans out there, making a lot of money on people like us with some very slick looking offices. It pays in the long run to be very thoughtful in investigating any clinic who is doing things differently than the mainstream to ensure that they are on the up and up, as I have heard a number of horror stories over the years.
Anyways, the thought of bathing my blood in ozone is a little scary to me, but you've had numerous ozone treatments without complications apparently - What has been your general reaction to ozone?
I think it's risky and should be done only with a professional, with a great deal of explanation on the professionals part. Anytime you are opening your veins to a treatment, you are risking sepsis and death.

As for ozone, it can be very hard on your veins. The reason I was open to doing it was to deal with the infections that seemed to be producing many of my symptoms. It was not effective for that, and I spent a fair amount of money trying it out. In the end, antivirals and antibiotics along with IVIG was much more effective than any " natural" treatment I tried.
would it be apparent if I did have "sticky" blood -
You could have d-dimer and thrombin/antithrombin tested at any conventional lab. And anti-phospholipid antibodies.
I'm trying to decide whether to do the ozone dialysis, or see if I can just get the dialysis alone done without the ozone . .
Just curious, what is the purpose of these treatments in your situation and what the have they told you the benefits would be and how would you know you were successful?

Last edited:

Swim15

@Learner1 - thanks for your detailed response. In order to avoid derailing this thread, I'll reply to you in a PM.

However, can you explain why or how ozone is hard on one's veins? This might be useful information for others.

Ozone by itself is - its highly oxidative. If you’re doing MAH or multipass then it doesn’t mess with your veins because it’s buffered by your blood first. So ozonated saline can be very hard on your veins (personal experience) but you can do as many passes as you want with hyperbaric or MAH and it won’t bother them at all (also personal experience)

Learner1

@Learner1 - thanks for your detailed response. In order to avoid derailing this thread, I'll reply to you in a PM.

However, can you explain why or how ozone is hard on one's veins? This might be useful information for others.
You might find this interesting:

"Oxygen/ozone as a medical gas mixture. A critical evaluation of the various methods clarifies positive and negative aspects" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3231820/

godlovesatrier

Hey @Swim15

I'm still quite keen to get this treatment. Although would have to go to London for 10 pass. I just wondered how you were getting on with the at home machine?

I'm also drawn to what someone else quoted from the ozone book in the second reply:

With just one session, thick dark sticky blood changes to a bright red oxygenated blood and you FEEL the difference. You feel alive and ENERGISED with a sense of well-being.

Could it work for LC and ME patients with clotting issues I wonder? Even if not the lack of oxygen certainly would help if it worked as well as this description says it does. I also just read a website by a doctor saying that lots of places infuse glutathione into the ozone and that can make people incredibly sick. Funnily enough he describes the main side effect I get from glutathione administration - terrible back pain. So I found that interesting.

serg1942

I haven’t heard anything about the dialysis so I can’t comment on how comparable it would be.

As far as my treatments I’ll have a nurse coming to my home to do them and, yes, you have to use heparin. I’ll be putting in 1000 units per pass. I don’t plan on using vitamin C or other nutrients really but I may. Ive got everything to compound them so I may do some vitamin C or glutathione pushes. I also like SAMe a lot
Hi Swin,

I have an ozone generator at home and I am doing rectal insufflations daily and last week I started a single-pass autohemotherapy (I do it with the help of a nurse).

I'd like to do multiple passes, but I need to figure out the proper procedure.

Now I am using 10 mg of sodium citrate as anticoagulant. But, if I decide to do multiple passes, should I use heparin instead? You say that you are going to use 1000 units of heparin per pass. Is this amount described in any study or guidelines on how to implement ozone treatments? Could sodium citrate be used instead?

Also, could we use the same tube (the one that goes from the line to the bottle of blood) for the different passes, or should this tube be changed with each pass?

I hope you are seeing benefits!

Learner1

Now I am using 10 mg of sodium citrate as anticoagulant. But, if I decide to do multiple passes, should I use heparin instead? You say that you are going to use 1000 units of heparin per pass. Is this amount described in any study or guidelines on how to implement ozone treatments? Could sodium citrate be used instead?
I don't know about sodium citrate, but the clinics I've seen it used in used vitamin C.