Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Which brain imaging?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by kelseycs, Jan 28, 2018.

1. kelseycs

kelseycs

Hi,

I don't have a diagnosis as yet but my symptoms tally better with cfs/me than anything else I've found so far.

I'd like to get some more brain imaging (and/or testing) done because of longstanding disabling symptoms (brain fog et al - you know the ones) and some newer concerning symptoms (specifically bouts of limb numbness and paralysis).

I have a normal MRI.

Lassessen makes a pretty good argument for SPECT here:

https://cfsremission.com/2014/03/04/appropriate-brain-scans-for-cfs-patients/

though I've skipped reviewing the journal articles.

I've seen some mention of PET, EEG, and qEEG here and elsewhere.

So: Thoughts? Opinions? Journal articles? Lay it on me!

2. kelseycs

kelseycs

Bump.

Hey, this seems to have gotten buried: but my PCP is setting me up with a neuropsychologist/psychologist for cognitive function testing and after that I am to see a neurologist so this would be a GREAT time to have this talk.

3. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe

SPECT may be useful. Look for reduced blood flow in the brain stem and changes to white and grey matter.

See more popular forum discussions.