• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

When to start B12 injections?

outdamnspot

Just prior to my major crash that's left me bedridden for the past year, I was using Methyl-B12 sublingually. It had some big positives energy-wise, but would also crash me a little. Hydroxy was good too. However, post-CFS crash, I haven't been able to tolerate either without a worsening of 'crash' symptoms such as hunger, balance problems etc.

I've only seen my CFS doctor once and told her I have difficulty tolerating supplements; however, she said I should be getting B12 shots from my regular GP (my levels are low-ish, but still in range).

I'm focusing on other detoxing methods right now, such as coffee enemas, Chlorella, Bentonite Clay, Earthing etc. with some success at times, but also bouts of severe fatigue.

I read another poster said she needed to up her B12 a lot during detox because the liver burns through it quickly. If I couldn't tolerate B12 previously, should I still be looking into injections anyway as a physical necessity? Or is it okay to just focus on other detoxing methods for now?