• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's the general rule of thumb for medication withdrawal?

Calathea

Best of luck. If you are expecting to do anything particularly draining in the next few months, moving or a wedding or something, I'd postpone the withdrawal.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It went on for about six months with me, to give you some idea, and it was severe.

It sounded as though you went down in quite large steps to start with? I couldn't quite see what schedule you were on (sorry, having cognitive problems today and not managing to read well).

Calathea

I was on 3000mg and went down by 300mg per week. Yes, that was too fast, but 10% at a time is what you were suggesting too.

No worries, my brain is a bit fried too.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I was on 3000mg and went down by 300mg per week. Yes, that was too fast, but 10% at a time is what you were suggesting too.

No worries, my brain is a bit fried too.

What I've read is 10% every three or four weeks! Even so, that was looking too fast for me.