• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what gadget to carry my pills around?

WoolPippi

So, my clothes have no pockets. Some pills I need to have nearby all the time. I stick them down my bra but that's not ideal.

They get hot, my skin gets pill shaped wrinkles and my bra is not big enough to carry my pills, earplugs and housekey. I prefer to have my pills in a little tinbox, 2x5cm in measurements. 1"x2"
So, what gadget would be good for me?

For the brainfog, I cannot think of any. I don't carry a purse around the house. Should I sew some pockets in my shirts and skirts?

Last edited:

WoolPippi

good ideas!
I wear wristwarmers and legwarmers all the time, a pillpouch could be easily integrated. Or one of those thingies that velcros onto your shoe. Or things that people use to carry around their mobile, indeed.

thanks so much, I hope I can help you one day too, with slalomming the brainfogs.

WoolPippi

I also found small containers that hang from keychains. They can contain two or more pills, they are aluminium/ aluminum alloid. Other people use them for geocaching. They are sold by cheap gadgets sites.

- I'm now looking in making a modern kind of chatelaine. ("hang stuff on your belt with multi-keychain")
- have ordered armbands with pocket (to hold mobile, for example)
- will make a small pouch to wear around my neck
- sew or felt some pockets to some clothes
- wristwarmer with hidden pocket
- some sort of short wrap over skirt that has pockets. Think "toolbelt" but made of cloth in friendly colours. I've been meaning to make one for years and 2014 is going to be the year.

My chatelaine will hold: pill-container, earplugs, little scizzors, small purse with money/snack/bankcard and perhaps a needle holder because I craft. And house keys. Phone will be too heavy, that will have to go elsewhere.

I'm listing my solutions here so another brainfogged person may profit from it.