• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Volunteers Requested to Evaluate Physician Review Software for ME/(CFS)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
We've been developing a program specifically designed to evaluate Physician effectiveness at treating ME/(CFS) and we'd like some volunteers to give it a run through.

It's not done - there are still some sections we want to add but its at a good testing phase. Warning - its very bare bones - no formatting - not pleasant to look at but the basics are there. If you're interested in checking it out and giving us your thoughts please PM me or say so on this thread and I'll give you the link.

We're interested in things like how it easy it is to use, comments on the kinds of questions asked, etc.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
that's really cool, Cort. thanks for doing this.

I really can't add anything right now, I'm sorry. But I hope you get the people you need. :Retro smile:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks Willow. This program will look at the effectiveness of all types of practitioners treating ME in the US, Canada, Europe, NZealand and Australia.

Cort, I be willing to participate. The question for me is protecting the docs. Some are being persecuted for trying to help us. How will this factor into this program? Is there a way to keep it from being indexed by Google?

Thanks,
Sushi

richvank

Hi, Cort.

I can understand the motivation for this program, but I'm concerned about unintended consequences if the results are made public. Unfortunately, often the best physicians are the most persecuted by the "system." Several good alternative physicians in the U.S. are currently under threat of losing their licenses. We have just seen what Dr. Myhill has been put through in the UK. If the good physicians are to continue to be able to help, they often need to keep low profiles.

Best regards,

Rich

Marg

I never thought of that. I should have, one of the docs I had here to stop all his alternative treatments and finally went into administrative work and the ER. He told me that the doctor club did not like the way he was combing his hair, in other words they did not like him advocating vitamins and other IV therapies. I would still be willing to look over what you would like and answer what I can. So many people are floundering.

There was a doc in another city 75 miles away that was put in prison and they went in and destroyed his office. It was not that many years ago either. Sad but true. I often wonder if these people think they will never get sick the things that they do.

I remember when I was sick in the 90's Dr. John Martin had his lab destoyed. He had found what he called a sealth virus. I saw his on this list once answering someone that mentioned him and wondered where he was.

How can money be more important than health? It looks like it is to most.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Cort, I be willing to participate. The question for me is protecting the docs. Some are being persecuted for trying to help us. How will this factor into this program? Is there a way to keep it from being indexed by Google?

Thanks,
Sushi

I would think it would benefit them actually. If patients say they are being helped by them and we can show that they are doing better than doctors using traditional means then they will have a leg up.

My guess is that boards are not persecuting doctors because they are treating CFS, they are persecuting them because they don't like the methods they are using. This survey will not focus on their methods at all - it will simply rate how effective they are at treating ME/CFS.