ME/CFS and the Change of Seasons: How Does This Affect You?
The advent of autumn can hit Jody Smith pretty hard. She's learned a few ways to lessen the damage every year. How do you handle the change of seasons?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Update

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by lgibson2017, Jul 11, 2018.

1. lgibson2017

lgibson2017

Hey, guys! I've not been on here in ages, at least a year. I wanted to give y'all an update.

I got lucky. I got so incredibly, inexplicably lucky. I've recovered about 50-75%.

I don't know what happened or how or why, but all of a sudden things just started getting better. I'm not where I was before by a long shot but I'll take this new normal.

I can walk, talk, read, and write all the time. I can work an easy job and I even did 2 weeks of (very mild) crossfit before my heart said hell no to that. I live in constant fear that it might get bad again, but I'm still able to live my life.

I sincerely, genuinely hope someone else out there is able to achieve the same level of "recovery" I have.

I hope you all are doing okay and my personal message box is always open to anyone needing to talk

2. Moof

Moof Senior Member

UK
    Brilliant news! Really hope it continues – it's always great to hear that someone's got so much better.

Forçe e Honra likes this.
  3. Shoshana

Shoshana Northern USA

Northern USA
    It is great to hear from you again, no matter how you are, @lgibson2017 :)

and even greater, that you have been doing better! :woot::thumbsup:
    Very happy to hear that!
    Thanks for letting us know and giving us your update.
    :hug:

4. Runner5

Runner5 Senior Member

PNW
    @lgibson2017 That's awesome! :D Thanks so much for coming back and sharing! :D :D

I laughed out loud at the Crossfit statement. I tried that once a long time ago, I was jogging by the gym and they invited me inside and what happened next was so much punishment. ;-P lol -- that was it for me, haha

Keep going strong, fight the good fight! We're rooting for ya!

5. kelly8

kelly8 Senior Member

congrats @lgibson2017 . You give me hope and that is very helpful!

See more popular forum discussions.