• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update

Hey, guys! I've not been on here in ages, at least a year. I wanted to give y'all an update.

I got lucky. I got so incredibly, inexplicably lucky. I've recovered about 50-75%.

I don't know what happened or how or why, but all of a sudden things just started getting better. I'm not where I was before by a long shot but I'll take this new normal.

I can walk, talk, read, and write all the time. I can work an easy job and I even did 2 weeks of (very mild) crossfit before my heart said hell no to that. I live in constant fear that it might get bad again, but I'm still able to live my life.

I sincerely, genuinely hope someone else out there is able to achieve the same level of "recovery" I have.

I hope you all are doing okay and my personal message box is always open to anyone needing to talk

Moof

Brilliant news! Really hope it continues – it's always great to hear that someone's got so much better.

Runner5

@lgibson2017 That's awesome! :D Thanks so much for coming back and sharing! :D :D

I laughed out loud at the Crossfit statement. I tried that once a long time ago, I was jogging by the gym and they invited me inside and what happened next was so much punishment. ;-P lol -- that was it for me, haha

Keep going strong, fight the good fight! We're rooting for ya!